Hammock
    Modified cheep nylon hammock
    Suspension
    Dutch buckles
    Images

Big agnes sleep system in a hammock

Howdy all, so I have been playing around with different ideas different possibilities. On how things work!
    I have been hanging in my hammock for about 4 years and my sons for about 3 years, we had owned big agnes air core pads and have used them in our hammocks as till this year. My boys being 9&12 I have pea padded their sleeping bags around their hammocks, it works but as the bags are not designed really to do that it has its flaws. And until this year I had used a modified type peapod/IQ, then made a DIY/deconstructed sleeping bag turned UQ. So I am now really looking to utilize what I have, with modifications toward lightening, or out right buy a synthetic UQ from loco libre.
    So having the sleeping pads I have wondered has anyone used the Big agnes sleep system in a hammock, or the big agnes quilt, both utilize the sleeping pads we already have that are rated 15° so adding to that, would. Be handy.
    Any advice would be helpful as I am nit only equipping my self but my boys, and cost is somewhat if a factor.
    And tonight seeing that "Loco" had a synthetic UQ, that I voukd out fit us for around like $350 does. Sound better but want to exhaust options just in case!!!
    Thanks for any help folks... Papa Bear the back pack nub

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    I tried a BA bag and pad...it was doable when I went to bed, but at 2am, not so much. I scrapped it. That said, if it was all I had, I would have found a way to make it work.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    Lots
    Tarp
    Winter style :)
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    buckle
    my kids still like them ?
    7 and 12 its OK for them since they are still a bit squirmy I want to update my 12 year old to a UQ setup and have her try it out

I dont like climbing into things much easier to lift the feet and be in and way more easy to move around and stretch out ?

if I was camping a lot where I had to carry one system and had to go to ground it might be the system IMHO the best sleeping bag setup out there is the BA setups

Hammock
    Chameleon and a Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    i use my exped pads from my tent days in a BA 40* bag and have had no problems in my gathered end. i don't inflate it completely and now that i have some practice with it, sleep very comfortably. just remember to get in the hammock on the same side the bag zipper is on.
    20160410_144815_zpsbglgu305.jpg
    20160410_144833_zps3okx0hv0.jpg

these pics are from my "nap" a couple days ago. 34 degrees outside, pad about half inflated and i had no chills or cold spots. it's a good system til i can swing getting an UQ.
    Last edited by JmBoh; 04-13-2016 at 04:19.
    “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news”
    ― John Muir

Hammock
    Modified cheep nylon hammock
    Suspension
    Dutch buckles
    Images
    Sweet thanks for the comments!

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    I have the BA Hog Park sleeping bag system - with the 4" insulated Q-Core inflatable pad. Last weekend I set up my Clark NX-270 in the back yard and the first night I just used my HG Incubator 20 UQ. The next night I added the inflatable pad inside the hammock...not fully inflated but almost. I did notice additional warmth under me, but it was a battle to get the pad into position where I needed it once in the hammock. The pad wanted to align itself fore/aft in the hammock while I was trying to lay a little asymmetrical. Sunday night I'm headed to the woods for a couple days and will experiment some more to tweak it. I may try the pad again, but inflate with even less air to see if it conforms to my body a little better and align with me...not fight me. Right now I'm looking for added comfort - not insulation. I just don't see me ditching the UQ unless the overnight low stays above 70.
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG 20 Econ Phoenix
    Suspension
    Fiddling...
    I use a big Agnes 15* bag w/ a thermalite self inflating. I toss a piece of that thermal stuff, the silver insulation that I can never remember the name of-that you use to make cozies-under my feet, when it's really cold, and use a fleece liner when it's coldest. I live in Alabama, so don't usually go much below a windy 30*.

Charlotte

Hammock
    WBRR, DHTB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly, Mamba
    Insulation
    Down Quilts!
    Suspension
    Straps/buckles
    Images
    I used a BA 15degree bag with its air core pad partially inflated. As stated above, Nice and comfy at first. Actually liked to extra padding, but did move and definately not meant for the hammock.

I now have an underquilt and often still use my bag. It actually helps keep in the heat when cold outside since you can stay zipped up much better than a TC. Works great with an UQ.
    NJ Hammock Club Facebook Page - Come join the party!

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB SF and WL TP
    Insulation
    UGQ & HG
    Suspension
    multiple
    Images
    I'm using a Big Agnes Oak Street insulated air pad (long & wide version) combined with an Alps Mountaineering 20 degree down bag. Haven't had any issues yet. The air rails running from head to toe work out pretty good as the side rails give me a nice hug goodnight.
    Scarecrow on Instagram

"If somebody tells you there's a rule, break it. That's the only thing that moves things forward."
    -Hans Zimmer

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1 & 1.7
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Incbtr-AH Potmc
    Suspension
    WB Adj Web
    Images
    I have a BA 40* bag. Before I got my UQ I put 1 or 2 blue ccf pads in the sleeve. It worked OK, but the back part of my shoulders did get cold. I still use the bag as a TQ and it is toasty when I need it.
    The road to success is always under construction.
    http://hikingillinois.blogspot.com/

• + New Posts