Superb Product and Service !

Hi fellow outdoors folk,

I'd just like to share a recent experience which goes against the tide of recent popular opinion.

Over the past year or so I've been collecting information and searching forums in order to buy what I believe to be the ultimate Tarp.
    The MacCat deluxe in SilPro complete with the MacCat guyline and stakes came out way above any others for my mission profile.

Reading previous comments I very nearly didn't make my purchase..................However, against the odds I decided that this WAS the one for me.
    I made my purchase and heard nothing from Brian until the Postman delivered a package here in the UK some 3 weeks later.
    To my delight the Tarp inside was flawless, superbly designed and beautifully constructed, a work of art in detail and attention.

The morale of this story is in this modern age of technology, when we have instant communication we expect it in everything we do. IF someone is working hard to produce a product like this it takes TIME and this is the thing you can never get enough of. Have a little faith that what you ordered will be delivered.

This is THE BEST tarp I have ever owned, give Brian MacMillin at OES the opportunity to create what may be the same for you !

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images

Superb Product and Service !

Welcome and congrats on your first post here at HF.

Always nice to hear when someone has a positive experience, glad yours was.

If you spent a year researching tarps as you say, very surprised to hear you went with OES. It's not just "recent" opinion, the customer service issue has been ongoing for quite some time.

What specifically had the MC Dlx in SilPro coming out "way above" any other offering for your "mission profile" ? Lots of hex options with a ridgeline of 11' out there.

When folks have actually received their OES tarps, I've often heard the quality was there.

Have you had the chance to use it under an adverse conditions yet? Figure you must have given it is "THE BEST" tarp you've ever owned and you are advocating for folks to do business with OES despite the zero communication issue during the purchase, order, delivery process.

If you have any pics of the guy outs and MilSpec yellow anodized Airhog stakes and the low tangle 1.8mm UHMWP core/polyester cords with tracers. Especially night time pics if you have them. thx Wondering if the cordage is from Yalecordage or some other maritime producer using the DuPont SK75 stuff.
    Last edited by Ratdog; 04-10-2016 at 02:20.
    Have sherpas, will travel...
    Triangles, it's all about the triangles.
    H30º ™
    HTA

8.7167º

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I don't think anybody ever said anything bad about the build quality of OES' tarps (though it seems that their seam-sealing sucks). Quite the contrary. I think more people would buy a tarp from OES if it wasn't for communication issues and wait times. If I remember correctly, some people waited for a year or longer, with no response to their e-mail inquiries. From what I've read, it's a lottery: sometimes you get your order quickly, sometimes you have to wait for ages (i.e. months, not weeks). And good luck with getting an answer if there are problems with your order. Fortunately, there are more than enough great alternatives - and all of them made by way more reliable cottage gear businesses. I do own an OES tarp that I got second hand, and quite honestly, I don't think it's any better than the other tarps.

Hammock
    DW HALF-WIT
    Tarp
    OES G4
    Insulation
    EE, HG PHOENIX
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I also have a OES SilPro . The is an amazing piece of gear. I have had a few tarps. This is by far the best one yet. I have used this tarp in all kinds of White Mountain weather. It has been my go to tarp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Helium33 View Post
    I also have a OES SilPro . The is an amazing piece of gear. I have had a few tarps. This is by far the best one yet. I have used this tarp in all kinds of White Mountain weather. It has been my go to tarp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What makes it the best?
    My brother in law is shopping and is all about the 'engineering' of something.
    H30º ™
    HTA

8.7167º

Hammock
    DW HALF-WIT
    Tarp
    OES G4
    Insulation
    EE, HG PHOENIX
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratdog View Post
    What makes it the best?
    My brother in law is shopping and is all about the 'engineering' of something.
    I beat my gear. This tarp didn't have a stitch or blemish from hard use. The seam sealing is amazing on the SilPro . It has been a water tight fortress . I could keep going but it's just my opinion.

Hammock
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Helium33 View Post
    I beat my gear. This tarp didn't have a stitch or blemish from hard use. The seam sealing is amazing on the SilPro . It has been a water tight fortress . I could keep going but it's just my opinion.
    Thanks, appreciate the feedback.
    H30º ™
    HTA

8.7167º

• + New Posts