I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I love a morning lollygag.....just enough to enjoy the morn' and have an espresso and some breakfast from the hammock. Then a morning constitutional. Then break camp and walk, walk, walk.
    Shug
    Lord of Lollygag
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    By nature I'm an "early to bed, early to rise" person. Get up & go is especially important on river trips, since there is almost always afternoon wind to contend with. We love floating past other groups in the cool of the morning as they are just stumbling out of bed. These are the same folks we wave at in the afternoon, as they struggle past us in the heat and up stream wind. We have camp set up, and are sitting in the shade enjoying a cold beverage. Definite perks to hitting the river/trail early.
    "We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love.... and then we return home."
    Australian Aboriginal Proverb

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuban
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,EE, LL
    Suspension
    Whoopie, D-Bling
    Right now I'm still in the honeymoon stage of owning a hammock. In the few trips that I've been in since making the transition Nov 2015-I can't peal myself out of the hammock. Usually after the second cuppa coffee around 830 or nine I'll start breaking up camp. Love being curled up in it watching the morning come to life from the Hammock.

Australia...Sub-Tropical Qld, Temperate Tasmania & Tropical Thailand
    Hammock
    Madtree Tarseer
    Tarp
    DIY Cuben
    Insulation
    Warm & fluffy
    Suspension
    Slings and Rings
    Images
    We have kookaburra's in the bush here that like to broadcast their loud cackle far & wide about an hour before dawn, regular as clockwork....which comes in handy because I like to capture the 1st rays of the day with my camera.

After that I concentrate on flame, fluids & food, maybe re-check my torso for any missed ticks or leaches, jot down some thoughts in a notebook, ablutions, then quickly pack for a walk out in the cool of the morning before the day heats up too much.

If it's a grey rainy cloud filled view outside the fly netting, I'll roll back onto my side again, pull the top quilt over my ears & doze some more...☺

Sent from my X98 Plus(A5C8) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ofuros; 04-09-2016 at 16:29.
    Mountain views are good for the soul....& getting to them is good for my waistline.

https://ofuros.exposure.co/

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    EE Rev / HG Inc
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Straps
    There is nothing better than waking up in a hammock nice and warm covered in downy goodness in time to watch the sunrise. Or at least see it getting brighter because you are surrounded by trees in the middle of a forest. The sounds of birds and things usually are what wakes me up.

But for whatever reason I despise setting up camp after dark and so do my best to be at the destination for the day before dusk. Even if that means no early morning lounging. Or maybe just a little.

Hammock
    diy insulated 10.5
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    becket hitch
    Wake up, lay in the hammock for another 15-20 min then get up, pack up, and go. I like to hike for a little while and then pick a pretty spot for breakfast. Nothing against a good lollygag, but that seems to be my pattern when soloing.
    Crayons - they might look different, but they all taste the same

Hammock
    Chameleon and a Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    At home i'm a get up and go person. even on days off i'm up around 6 usually and getting my coffee going and getting ready to do my stuff for the day. When i'm camping I wake, relax and chill for a bit. my favorite part is waking up before the sun rises and just relaxing while the woods come alive in the blue hour.
    “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news”
    ― John Muir

Hammock
    11.5' RBTR 1.0 HyperD Brown
    Tarp
    11' RBTR SilplyHex
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie/MultiBckle
    Which do I prefer or what actually happens?... I always have every intention of getting out quickly, but 1 or 2 hours always slips away.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 double
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* incubator
    Suspension
    Dutchwaregear flyz
    For me it all depends on the weather. If it's cold, I have a hard time getting out of the hammock. If it's wet, I have a hard time getting out of the hammock. If it's really windy, I have a hard time getting out of the hammock. If it's a beautiful day, I have a hard time getting out of the hammock. Oh wait, nevermind...
    Honestly, if I'm solo, I get up early. With a group, I go with the flow.

Hammock
    Hammock Tent
    Tarp
    Rainfree ;)
    Insulation
    I stay warm
    Suspension
    Webbing
    I love to wake up and enjoy the sunrise. Some coffee and breakfast make the hike ahead much more enjoyable.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast