Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Hammock
    Hammeck Breezy
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    But where do you put your gear? If the thing is only big ugh for the camper (and not even really that), where does your pack hang? Out in the rain? And your shoes? And....?

Hammock
    Hennessy hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy tarp
    Quote Originally Posted by wenestvedt View Post
    But where do you put your gear? If the thing is only big ugh for the camper (and not even really that), where does your pack hang? Out in the rain? And your shoes? And....?
    Normally I see hang with tree?

Hammock
    DIY Asymmetrical
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    Underquilt
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Well... I was looking for a lightweight 1-person backpacking tent for when I go places without trees. They made the whole thing larger, added a storage spot for your pack (although I usually just toss mine under my legs in the hammock for more insulation). Still came in under weight for the alternate tent I was going to purchase, so I took a chance and bought a flying tent. I'll post a review here once it arrives later this summer. I liked the option of having both a hammock & a tent without carrying both. I suspect it won't change my go to setup though. Just be an option for terrain that's not hang friendly.

Hammock
    Town's End / DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    Winter Haven 13
    Insulation
    HG, SLD, DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    They just came out with a product update. They are offering the ability to upgrade to an ultra-light version in which the hammock is not convertable as a poncho. I'm no hammock afficionado, but I am excited for them!

Hammock
    diy
    Insulation
    don't need
    As a female novice, I think its a bit niffy, but yes, a cuter version of other hammocks already out there. Was thinking the waterproof hammock would be a sweat box tho, hopefully the ultra light version breathes. They have a great ad, and depending on price I see a lot of beginners going for it, especially the bivy option. I want one, no I don't, maybe, no...!

Hammock
    DreamHammock
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    School
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot86 View Post
    Um how about no to flying tent, they are trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist. Simply just use a tarp and hammock and quilts and boom problem fixed
    The problem does exist. But I'll admit it's narrow and for an obstinate few.

I have, and still do, carry my hammock with a bivy for Spring and early-Summer skiing. I'll attempt to hammock where I can, but between tree size, tree spacing, widow-makers and wind, you have an ever-decreasing chance of hammocking as the snow-level rises above a dissolving treeline around 5000ft/1525m in the Cascades.

Or I could just bivy and share the VE-25, which are better suited for these activities. And now that I say it out loud: Yep, the problem concerns only obstinate fanatics and I can't imagine we're a large market.

Hammock
    DH Night Hawk
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Doors
    Insulation
    HG 0F Incubator
    Suspension
    15'+12' Becket
    I saw this a while back and I was less than impressed:

* The hammock attempts to integrate a rain shelter, but the shelter will not protect your underquilt from filling up with water.

* There is no structural ridgeline. If you look at all of the people in the video actually in the flying tent, they're not on a diagonal - they're doing it banana style.
    "This is the greatest wisdom—to seek the kingdom of heaven through contempt of the world." - Thomas à Kempis

Hammock
    Hennessy hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy tarp
    Quote Originally Posted by adam.skinner View Post
    I saw this a while back and I was less than impressed:

* The hammock attempts to integrate a rain shelter, but the shelter will not protect your underquilt from filling up with water.

* There is no structural ridgeline. If you look at all of the people in the video actually in the flying tent, they're not on a diagonal - they're doing it banana style.
    From Amok, i think designer use air mattress not underquilt.

If hammock have close shape, roof will be ridgeline. Example from my design, no ridgeline but still keep 30 degree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345