Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    WBBB XLC, theClark5
    Tarp
    JRB 11 x 10
    Suspension
    Whoopies, Dutch

I would suggest that buyer/seller feedback be added to this forum for each user

I would suggest that buyer/seller feedback be added to this forum for each user. It is common on other forums. It provides both buyers and sellers with important information. Such as if a person is interested in buying an item and the seller shows a history of not being honest in the description, or delayed shipment, outright ripping someone off or on the other side that they are just the opposite and provide honest info, quick shipment, well packed, etc - all of that is of importance to the buyer to base their decision to buy or not. Same thing as to the buyers. In some cases their are problem buyers and that can and should be noted as well.
    I know that I am having trouble with one seller right now jerking me around for days about shipping the package out. After two days - oh I forgot. I always ship immediately. I'll take care of it. And then I get a tracking number for a shipment. Except it is only a printed out label. No shipment has taken place. Next day it still shows no shipment. I'm told that he left it with the building office of his apartment building for mail pickup. And then get this part he tells me ........... that after the pickup the mailman doesn't scan it in to the system until the next day. Yeah right. So it will show up the next day. Not to worry. Well it did not. And then another day goes by and again it is still a no show. But I'm told that he has sent out about 30 packages this way and it's not a problem. Just be patient and wait and my package will show up sometime. Another 3/4 day goes by and still - no package acceptance. Surprise surprise. I guess the mailman only comes to his apartment building every four or more days.
    If there was a feedback portion this would curtail a lot of this type of problem as well as others. Sellers would not do this stuff because they would fear being reported. Or if they did a buyer could see and be forewarned. These are only some examples. I'm sure we all could come up with many more.
    Point being that I feel that this is needed here and would provide real value. If a moderator needs more info, as to what other sites have this, or whatever, please feel free to contact me.

Hammock
    Hexon 1.0/WBRR
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Incubator/Lynx
    Suspension
    Kevlar+Whoopie
    Agree 100%. Even if 99/100 people are honest on here, that one person can burn you BAD. Especially with items as valuable as the ones we deal with for our hammocks. I'm partial to iTrader. That way if anyone wants to deal with a certain person, they can click on their score and see any positive/negative reviews. One person getting burned can save dozens with this method.

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    I will bump this up for the MODS and Admins to discuss but don't be overly surprised if the answer is no. I have also seen these types of areas on other forums and seen where they turn into a flame war and lots of he said/she said. That is not how we handle items here.

If you have an issue with a sale, you are free to contact a Moderator. Part of our job is to attempt to help find resolutions. We also track repeated offenses and will restrict and/or ban repeated offenders.

As I said, I will bump this into our discussion area and will respond back in this thread once a decision has been reached. It normally takes us a week to 10 days to thoroughly review an item and make a decision.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Like DK said, these types of things would turn into a lot of he said, she said, and petty flaming - in many cases due to people being unreasonable in their expectations of a private sale. For example, in the situation above, the OP discusses a transaction that takes place over the course of at least 6 or 7 days, if you tally up the timeline in their tale of how it went down. However they only posted "I'll take it" and the item marked as sold 3-4 business days ago. The seller's tale tells a slightly different story, clearly.

People should wait until their transaction is complete - i.e. either they receive the item (late or not) or they cancel the transaction and request a refund of their money. Only then should they consider posting feedback or comments on the transaction, using the facts of what happened only, otherwise it is destined to be emotionally compromised information, and more often than not is used in an attempt to shame the other party into action.

If there is ever a buyer/seller review section, it should definitely allow for comment by one side, followed by rebuttal by the other side, and then be locked.
    Last edited by dkurfiss; 04-03-2016 at 06:54.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    I'm pretty sure i have seen this come up more than once and shot down every time.The more cumbersome the fs section becomes the more likely the section is in dander of being shut down all together.
    The admin would rather do without the fs section then to have the sight turn into a craigslist type of site!,, atleast that was the impression i got from what i can remember.

None of the sites on which I frequent the "For Sale" forums have any type of feedback system, unless you respond to the original for sale post. I ALWAYS pay with PayPal [NOT friends and family] and file a dispute if I get shafted. Another thing I always look at is the number of posts before buying from a member. 400 posts is a pretty good gauge of a seller's integrity IMHO. Just sayin'...

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    13' Winter Haven
    Insulation
    quilts
    Suspension
    Tensa4
    I have seen problems inherent with a feedback system with companies like Ebay or our local version in this country - Trademe.co.nz
    If the buyer gives negative feedback then the seller give revenge negative feedback, or vice versa. So then both parties agree to change to positive feedback so both keep their feedback record looking good. Do we really want this sort of thing here?

In this case it is quite possible that if the OP of this thread were to just wait patiently then his item would arrive and he would be very happy with it. I'm not too sure that it is good form to go creating a thread such as this before giving the package a reasonable chance to arrive.
    It is important to understand that USPS while being fairly reliable does not have the best tracking - no real need to panic just yet.

If using paypal then the buyer actually has quite a lot of power (as long as you don't pay as a gift) and can just wait for a couple of weeks and still have plenty of time to raise a dispute with them.

Hammock
    WBRR, DHTB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly, Mamba
    Insulation
    Down Quilts!
    Suspension
    Straps/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    I will bump this up for the MODS and Admins to discuss but don't be overly surprised if the answer is no. I have also seen these types of areas on other forums and seen where they turn into a flame war and lots of he said/she said. That is not how we handle items here.

If you have an issue with a sale, you are free to contact a Moderator. Part of our job is to attempt to help find resolutions. We also track repeated offenses and will restrict and/or ban repeated offenders.

As I said, I will bump this into our discussion area and will respond back in this thread once a decision has been reached. It normally takes us a week to 10 days to thoroughly review an item and make a decision.
    I read all posts. My vote is to NOT create a feedback section. I trust the mods to moderate and be the go to people to help resolve conflict, and if needed, ban members from selling or buying.
    NJ Hammock Club Facebook Page - Come join the party!

Hammock
    Hexon 1.0/WBRR
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Incubator/Lynx
    Suspension
    Kevlar+Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiMark View Post
    If the buyer gives negative feedback then the seller give revenge negative feedback, or vice versa. So then both parties agree to change to positive feedback so both keep their feedback record looking good. Do we really want this sort of thing here?
    This is not how it works. One person can't give negative feedback just because they received negative feedback. There has to be legitimate grounds for it, positive or negative. If it gets abused, mods step in and correct it. I am a member of MULTIPLE forums where this system works flawlessly and saves a lot of people from getting screwed. Not sure why people advocate for not having something that is set I'm place to protect us??

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    May be we need to have a minimum post number in order to buy from the forum. That gives a potential buyer a chance to familiarize themselves with the community and the ethos of the way things are done here. If people don't take the time to get to know what the heart of this site is all about a lot of misconceptions can pile up causing nothing but aggravation for all involved. I think it is also important for buyers to remeber that how they handle disputes is studied just as carefully as how the vendor handles disputes. Two reputations are on the line.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast