Hammock
    Dutchware 11ft
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    I don't think the moderators need to do more work. They do plenty already. Just a little patience and good communication all around will go a long way. Even a 4-5 day wait, when the seller has apologized and explained, is way shorter than buying most items new from a cottage vendor. And yes, the USPS does transport stuff without scanning it sometimes. I have received several shipments on my doorstep when the tracking number still says "label created."
    Homer: Sir, I need to know where I can get some business hammocks.

Hank Scorpio: Hammocks? My goodness, what an idea. Why didn't I think of that? Hammocks!

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    The less work for the mods, the better, in my opinion. They don't get paid for this crap. Buying/selling is a privilege, and you ought to be happy with what you got.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    As we can all see, another one of those very heated topics. I am cleaning up this thread to get it back on topic. If you have feedback pro or con please feel free to post it along with why. If you disagree with someone else's post, then perhaps you need to remember that everyone is entitled to their opinion without getting a boat load of "feedback" over it.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    Hexon 1.0/WBRR
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Incubator/Lynx
    Suspension
    Kevlar+Whoopie
    I'm interested in what the outcome of this will be. I hope the decision isn't based on "too much extra work for the mods", but what will more likely benefit the community as a whole.

Hammock
    currently hammeck envy
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    phnx,zepp,jbrdge
    Suspension
    straps, hammock an
    Quote Originally Posted by weaver2469 View Post
    I don't think the moderators need to do more work. They do plenty already. Just a little patience and good communication all around will go a long way. Even a 4-5 day wait, when the seller has apologized and explained, is way shorter than buying most items new from a cottage vendor. And yes, the USPS does transport stuff without scanning it sometimes. I have received several shipments on my doorstep when the tracking number still says "label created."
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    The less work for the mods, the better, in my opinion. They don't get paid for this crap. Buying/selling is a privilege, and you ought to be happy with what you got.
    Both well said, and to the point. That the mods need more work and we need more protection is not what this sites about. We are pretty good about mistakes, and about learning how to amend them. We are a site that is continually learning as we grow, but do not forget our basics..in my opinion. With members who've been around for quite some time share their experience we listen, that's why we're here to learn and to help. Like surfer said the buying/selling here is a privilege not a right. And one of the ethos that attracted me was the trust and willingness of members to help others. We have dealt with people and companies ,cottage vendors etc...who do not uphold our to our tos policy. We can and do say when we need to cautious about these sellers hence our 50 posts rule. It works. When we can no longer be this type of site then we are truly just back on the ground....pun intended. ..lol. just my thoughts after 4 years on this forum
    It's not the boulders that throw us off balance, it's the pebbles beneath our feet

Hammock
    Claytor
    Tarp
    MacCat delux Spinn
    Insulation
    CCF and Quilts
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Images
    Not that my opinion counts in any way, but I am not in favor of this. This site is not a buying/selling forum. The for sale section is there to be used within the guidelines of the tos, beyond that caveat emptor. That said, the previous changes made to the for sale section that were made went way overboard.
    "There's a whisper on the night-wind, there's a star agleam to guide us, And the Wild is calling, calling . . . let us go." -from "The Call of the Wild" by Robert Service
    My Trail log: http://ducttapeadk.blogspot.com/

Hammock
    DIY Bananahammock
    Tarp
    Dutch Duo
    Insulation
    DIY / HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Kevlar & UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post

+1 Hear! Hear!
    Get lost in the woods and find yourself again. A vacation,to me, is working with your hands and surviving because of the fruits of your labor. In the business world I teach;in the natural world I learn.

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Intimidator is all good in my book....Great seller. Here's my 5* feedback rating.

Leave the FOR SALE forum alone.

We'll police ourselves. We (might) lose a time or two. But given that this is not eBay, let's keep the FS forum a smaller part of a HAMMOCK forum. Buy only from someone who appears trustworthy. Be a tad patient if things take a bit longer than they should. Reach out to a mod if it doesn't work out in good faith.

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Ok folks, I am pretty much done here and am closing this post. The OP ask a valid question about a change to the forum and provided a real life experience without calling anyone out by name. Since then this post is turning into a personal issue with sides being drawn up. That does not work for the moderation team.

Just so we are clear on the censorship question let me take you back to the TOS.

D. Please don't be offended if a moderator removes one of your posts from this section. Such decisions will be entirely at the discretion of the moderators.
    If there is a dispute, please PM one of the moderators.

Once the discussion is completed about if a feedback forum will be established, I will post response in this thread.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    After consideration, the MOD/Admin team has determined that a feedback forum for the Market Place area is not needed on Hammock Forums. This determination was made for a number of reasons.

1) Hammock Forums (HF) is not a buying/selling site, the ability for a member to sell their used gear is just a value added service. Therefore the buying/selling on (HF) is limited.

2) There is already a method in place for transactions that "go south". It has proven to be as successful as possible and this method keeps issues that arise from becoming "he said/she said" type of discussions that divide users on the forum.

3) Lastly HF takes no responsibility for sales/purchases that do take place on HF. According to the TOS, which each member agrees to upon obtaining a HF account:

The Fine Print -
    - Hammock Forums is not responsible for transactions or goods exchanged.
    - If there is a dispute, please PM one of the moderators.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12