Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Kammock was the first hammock I ever bought. I took it back to REI and used the money to buy two hammocks--one from SLD, one from Dutch, that combined weigh less and cost less than the one Roo. The internal gate biners are kinda gimmicky and annoying too. There's nothing wrong with the Roo if you have more money than you know what to do with and a Sherpa to carry your gear (or you're just lounging around campus or car camping) though.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC - Dutchware
    Tarp
    HG - Std Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Incubator UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing and Buckle
    I have a Kammock Roo and it is a great car Hammock. I keep it around for beautiful days.... but it is just an ok hammock. The Dutchware hammocks material is a lot softer on the edges, and they are a bit lighter. Go Dutchware all the way.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    I found the Kammok Roo to be slightly higher quality than ENO. That said, if I you have the choice, I'd support our "local" vendors like Dutch, Hammeck, WarBonnet, Wildernesslogics, JackRBetter, etc. I have settled on the kammok Python straps as my main suspension method. I believe they were available before ENO came out with the Atlas strap equivalent. I may go back to something that is continuously adjustable (like webbing, line, whoopie sling), but for now, just clipping into the sewn loop is as simple as it gets.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    Quote Originally Posted by kevmg View Post
    I'm new to hammock camping and am trying to decide what to start out with. Cost is not a factor between these two because I have looked into what both options will cost. I like how quick and simple the Kammok sets up but I haven't read much about them on this forum. Just wondering if there is a reason to avoid Kammok. I know a lot of people have said the extra foot makes the Dutch hammock more comfortable. I plan on using a fronkey style bug net with either one. Any opinions or suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
    I have both a Kammock Roo (along with Python Straps and Dragon Fly Bugnet) and I have an 11 foot Hexon 1.6 Hammock from Dutchwaregear.com (with structural ridge line, dual knotty mods, continuous loops, Spiders with 15 foot webbing and Fronky Style Bug Net)... GO WITH THE DUTCH HAMMOCK HANDS DOWN, ABSOLUTELY!!! I'm pretty sure I spent significantly less altogether with my Dutch set up than my Kammock setup and my Dutch set up is way, way, way MORE COMFORTABLE and LIGHTER AND MORE COMPACT TO CARRY AROUND!!! You'll have to cart THREE very overstuffed little bags to carry the Roo set up compared to one little (double ended!) bag for your Dutch set up. I wish someone would have been in my life to tell me about Dutch and Warbonnet Guy before I threw so much if my money into Kammock!

Also, of ALL my hammocks (Warbonnet, Dutch, Kammock, ENO, Tribe Provisions), the Kammock Roo is the ONLY one that has had failures...not once but twice! First a Kammock carabiner bent and left me smacking the ground hard (Kammock replaced it for free and has since redesigned their carabiners) and soon after that mishap, a tear in the body of the hammock that I had to repair. It's a pretty hammock (a nice yellow), but it hasn't weathered as well as any of my others.
    Last edited by Dublinlin; 03-31-2016 at 16:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Howerl1 View Post
    Hello , I have both the Kammok Roo and a Dutch. I bought the Roo to try hammocks it was easy to get ( I bought at local REI ) and set up. I liked it but had some issue with comfort and flappy material , while doing research I found this place and looked around and desiced to buy a dutch 2.4 hexon single as I am a bigger guy. I love that hammock very comfortable and Dutch's customer service can not be beat. I Camp at least once a month with the boy scouts and it's mostly car camping so weight is never an issue for me. but be warned this is an infectious hobby, I have another hammock on order from Dream Hammock that should be soon. Don't worry I have 4 boys so I always need more equipment
    I haven't heard of Dutch but I will certainly look into them- have 2 energetic boys (and a tom girl), so I know whatever we purchase will get a lot of love. Interested in the Kammok because of the 500 lbs weight limit and the thicker fabric (know they are all going to pile on together and will probably have rocks, sticks, etc. in their pockets no matter how many time I "remind" them).
    Other than being overpriced, are there any other drawbacks to the Kammok? Can you elaborate on the "flappy material" and comfort? Anyone had any equipment problems (know they updated the carabiners because they were bending). Thoughts on the $30 Python Straps? Looks like a well-made hammock but can't sell the husband on the $130+ price tag.
    TIA

You ain't going to beat Dutch. God Bless

Hammock
    yes please
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    kevlar straps
    Quote Originally Posted by AngieLoo View Post
    I haven't heard of Dutch but I will certainly look into them- have 2 energetic boys (and a tom girl), so I know whatever we purchase will get a lot of love. Interested in the Kammok because of the 500 lbs weight limit and the thicker fabric (know they are all going to pile on together and will probably have rocks, sticks, etc. in their pockets no matter how many time I "remind" them).
    Other than being overpriced, are there any other drawbacks to the Kammok? Can you elaborate on the "flappy material" and comfort? Anyone had any equipment problems (know they updated the carabiners because they were bending). Thoughts on the $30 Python Straps? Looks like a well-made hammock but can't sell the husband on the $130+ price tag.
    TIA
    if you just want a sturdy hammock for the kids to play around in then get a cheap parachute nylon ENO knockoff from amazon. Here's one that's $35 and supposedly holds 450 pounds. comes with tree straps too. way better than spending $130 on the kammock that you worry your kids might hurt. https://www.amazon.com/Yes4All-Ultra...dp/B00VLWH73O/. Then, order an 11 foot Dutchware netless hammock. Hexon 1.6 with whoopie slings and 4ft huggers for $81 and 15 ounces for everything. So you've spent $116 and the kids get a hammock and the adults get a nice Dutch 11 ft camping hammock. If you're feeling frisky you can skip the amazon hammock and youtube how to make a tablecloth hammock for the kids. you can usually buy them from tableclothsfactory.com for under $10. Whip the ends and you got yourself a cheap, nice quality hammock for the kids. have fun!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12