Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kammok Roo vs Dutch 11'

I'm new to hammock camping and am trying to decide what to start out with. Cost is not a factor between these two because I have looked into what both options will cost. I like how quick and simple the Kammok sets up but I haven't read much about them on this forum. Just wondering if there is a reason to avoid Kammok. I know a lot of people have said the extra foot makes the Dutch hammock more comfortable. I plan on using a fronkey style bug net with either one. Any opinions or suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Kammok was never popular on HF - I think they started as a Kickstarter, but their customer service fell significantly behind their marketing, hasn't caught up, and you don't hear much about them anymore. Their stuff has always weighed too much and costs way too much. They want $99 for a 24 oz. hammock with no suspension? Please.

I think the Dutch hammocks are the best value out there, though BIAS has a couple of hammocks I like that are affordable.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    SLD's 12' Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Hand-sewn 12ft-er
    Insulation
    Hand-sewn down
    Suspension
    Cinch Bugs
    Images
    I don't know Kammok...but, as an Aussie I do find it interesting that their gear is mostly named after Australian natives and the website is full of Aussie slang...yet one of the only countries that does not have a distributor for their products is AUstralia. Go figure. Might be great gear, but it looks like your standard nylon hammock which can be bought from Asia for less than $10 retail. Dutch, on the other hand, is notorious among the hammock dwellers. He is great with customer service...a perfectionist with his gear, and while your at dutchware.com, be sure to order your first bit of titanium bling. Welcome to the hammock life\

Banned
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystery Oneal View Post
    I don't know Kammok...but, as an Aussie I do find it interesting that their gear is mostly named after Australian natives and the website is full of Aussie slang...yet one of the only countries that does not have a distributor for their products is AUstralia. Go figure. Might be great gear, but it looks like your standard nylon hammock which can be bought from Asia for less than $10 retail. Dutch, on the other hand, is notorious among the hammock dwellers. He is great with customer service...a perfectionist with his gear, and while your at dutchware.com, be sure to order your first bit of titanium bling. Welcome to the hammock life\
    Or maybe buy some down insulation too.

Hammock
    DIY XL hyperD 11'
    Tarp
    diy gen2 silpoly
    Insulation
    diy UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie
    dutch all the way. ive ordered many DIY supplies from him and he has always exceeded my expectations on everything. the thing that I like the most about him is he does an extreme amount of testing on anything that he produces so you know that its GTG off the bat. not to mention youll end up with a better product from him for the same money as the kammock's.

Hammock
    WBBBXLC
    Tarp
    Hilleberg 10 UL
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Images
    Kammock make good quality stuff, but yes, the length is on the short side.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Dutch's is lighter, longer, cheaper, made in the USA and he provides excellent customer service. How's that for an easy decision.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    Dutchware Hexon 1.6 11ft
    Tarp
    Yukon Rainfly
    Insulation
    JRB, AHE, DIY, SP
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Kamock is just an overpriced clone of the already overpriced and underperforming ENO doublenest.

The Kamock won't set up any quicker than any other hammock, despite what the YouTube videos advertise. It's just marketing.

Dutchware will be much better stuff. He will custom make just about anything if you want something a little different. I ordered a black hammock and had him do green stitching, turned out pretty cool.
    Last edited by Speedogomer; 03-30-2016 at 20:39.

Every day is a good day.

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon W 1.6
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator E 10°
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Nothing like saying "I've got a custom handcrafted hammock from a cottage vendor here in the good ole USA". I'd rather pad the pockets of a deserving human being and his family, than send my hard earned money to a faceless corporation that pays their employees pennies on the dollar for an average-at-best product. One day I jumped in to the deep end and gave up my bed for sky sleeping. Dutchware's hammock has fully replaced my bed, and nobody I know can tell me they've got a custom handmade bed.

Hammock
    11-ft Dutch 2.4 hexon
    Insulation
    EE top and under
    Suspension
    Dutch buckels
    Hello , I have both the Kammok Roo and a Dutch. I bought the Roo to try hammocks it was easy to get ( I bought at local REI ) and set up. I liked it but had some issue with comfort and flappy material , while doing research I found this place and looked around and desiced to buy a dutch 2.4 hexon single as I am a bigger guy. I love that hammock very comfortable and Dutch's customer service can not be beat. I Camp at least once a month with the boy scouts and it's mostly car camping so weight is never an issue for me. but be warned this is an infectious hobby, I have another hammock on order from Dream Hammock that should be soon. Don't worry I have 4 boys so I always need more equipment

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast