Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    always changing...

Enlightened Equipment Revolt UQ feedback wanted....

I currently have a 20* Phoenix UQ by Hammock Gear. Overall i like it, but i'm wondering if anyone has used or owns a Revolt UQ by Enlightened Equipment. What do you think of it? Does its baffle design help keep the down in place? Accurate temp rating? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I looked at these a while back.

Cost EE Revolt $300 vs. HG Phoenix $199
    Weight EE Revolt 18.07 ounces vs. HG Phoenix 15.43 oz

So the cost is 30% more and the weight is 15% more. That's about as far as I got in comparing them.

EE's website accurately reflects how I feel about temp ratings:

What temperature rating should I get?

It depends. Everyone sleeps differently, so no matter what temperature rating you read from us or anyone else, you’re always going to factor in what works for you. The ratings we publish can only serve as a guideline.

Our ratings are similar to the EN Lower Limit rating, also often referred to as the Men’s rating. Thus, a 20° rated quilt will be comfortable for the average man at about 20° outside. This makes a few assumptions: he’s wearing sufficient head insulation, such as one of our Hoodlums, he’s using a pad that’s sufficiently warm for the conditions (don't over look this; the pad is a critical part of your insulation), and he’s wearing base layers. Typically women, but many men as well, will sleep colder than average. For those we recommend a rating about 10°F lower than the conditions they’ll likely be out in to accommodate that (a 20° rating for 30°F conditions, for example). As always, everyone sleeps a bit differently.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Streamliner
    Tarp
    HG Hex
    Insulation
    LL,UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie hook
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I looked at these a while back.

Cost EE Revolt $300 vs. HG Phoenix $199
    Weight EE Revolt 18.07 ounces vs. HG Phoenix 15.43 oz

So the cost is 30% more and the weight is 15% more. That's about as far as I got in comparing them.

EE's website accurately reflects how I feel about temp ratings:

What temperature rating should I get?

It depends. Everyone sleeps differently, so no matter what temperature rating you read from us or anyone else, you’re always going to factor in what works for you. The ratings we publish can only serve as a guideline.

Our ratings are similar to the EN Lower Limit rating, also often referred to as the Men’s rating. Thus, a 20° rated quilt will be comfortable for the average man at about 20° outside. This makes a few assumptions: he’s wearing sufficient head insulation, such as one of our Hoodlums, he’s using a pad that’s sufficiently warm for the conditions (don't over look this; the pad is a critical part of your insulation), and he’s wearing base layers. Typically women, but many men as well, will sleep colder than average. For those we recommend a rating about 10°F lower than the conditions they’ll likely be out in to accommodate that (a 20° rating for 30°F conditions, for example). As always, everyone sleeps a bit differently.

What length Revolt was that and what fill?

Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    always changing...
    I'm not sure how you're getting those specs and price for the EE Revolt. If i select a Revolt that is similar to the Phoenix (which would be 850 down, and "short" or 55" length for the Revolt) then its price is $250 and weighs 15.97oz.

Sure, it's still $50 more and about half an ounce more (it's also 3" longer). Those two specs right there aren't the sole decision maker for me.

Mainly i'm curious if anyone finds the overall design (especially the baffles) to be "more effective" or preferable. The price and weight are similar enough for me. The designs are different enough to warrant comparison beyond just those two specs in my opinion.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I assumed regular length on the Revolt, but still 850 water-repellent down. The Regular is recommended for users up to 6', whereas the short is recommended for users up to 5'6" tall. Maybe I'm reading their website wrong.

I don't have any experience with the baffle design.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HG / EE
    I don't have either...yet. I have a phoenix on order. I have a hg incubator and had but sold a ee prospect. The ee prospect is synthetic so I can't speak on the revolt's baffles but I like hg's suspension better. I think the revolt lacks draft collars too but that might not matter.

Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    always changing...
    I have a short length EE prospect 40* for summer and it's good for that. i'm thinking the main down channels around the perimeter of the Revolt would act as their own draft tubes. the suspension on the HG and EE are setup different, but can quickly be modified to work exactly the same, so that's not a game changer for me.

Maybe i'll go to a group hang and see if someone has a Revolt i can check out. Or maybe EE can send me one on loan to try out.

• + New Posts