Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Yep! Thanks for all your help! Looks like maybe I'm not getting answers from experimental splicers cause that is not really a thing. Go Figure . . .

Amsteel is only 2wice as expensive as the polyester rope. I guess I could save my self time and trouble and fall in line rather than fall on my bum. However, if there were a way to cut cost and use polyester shouldn't we be the rope geeks who blaze that trail. I find it hard to believe that there in noone out there messing around with this. I am all for UL but Ultra Cheap also inspires some of us here I think.

I made a 15" UCR out of some of the gutted Polyester rope. Seems to hold as a guy line in my rig. I will swap in more of these and hang for longer and let you know if there are issues.

Also if there are people out there trying gutted polyester or are serious rope people LMK.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Silnylon costs, what, ten or 15 times as much as a WallyWorld blue tarp? It doesn't make Wally World blue tarps more attractive - it just makes the differences more apparent. Lord knows I tried cheap tarps - I have eight and only three of them would I loan to anyone.

Same with gutted cheap poly rope - it will never compare to Amsteel because Amsteel is an industrial grade product that has been thoroughly tested. Nobody is going to do a scientific test of gutted cheap poly rope. Luckily you're not trying to hang from it and are just using it as guy lines.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    Silnylon costs, what, ten or 15 times as much as a WallyWorld blue tarp? It doesn't make Wally World blue tarps more attractive - it just makes the differences more apparent. Lord knows I tried cheap tarps - I have eight and only three of them would I loan to anyone.
    Good Point! You get what you pay for! Always best to have the right tool for the job! Hadn't thought of it that way. Thanks for weighing in.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12