Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Images
    Well, looks like this might be happening! The younger two have been sleeping in theirs every night and have no desire to go back to their beds, and the older two are asking us daily when we are going to take out the beds so we can get theirs up for them. Eeek! This is when I need thicker skin to deal with all the criticism that will be coming our way shortly. DH is trying to figure out the best way to hang them for both safety and structural reasons. We decided that spreading the load would be ideal, so we will likely be bolting a 2x4 into at least 2 studs for each anchor... I do remember seeing metal brackets that would make it more adjustable, but I don't remember where that was (if anyone can point me in that direction?). We did learn a lesson for CBS... they hadn't slept real well the last couple of nights, it wasn't until my youngest crawled into bed with me and stuck his ice cold feet on my leg that it dawned on me why (the house has been cooler thanks to the wishy washy spring temps). I rigged up some blankets underneath them and not a peep out of either of them for over 12 hours last night! Best sleep we have all had in a very very long time.

Trying to decide to stick with the cheapo hammocks they already have, or upgrade to a DIY kit from RSBTR... if I do that, should I keep the full 11 ft. length? Is it possible for a hammock to be too big for a child? And given the rooms are only 10'x10.5' we will have to figure out the best way to hang them... I am assuming the calculator will help with that, although I admit I haven't looked at it in detail.

Oh, and for under quilts (seeing that they are obviously a necessity, even for my hot natured children). What would be the best for washability? My younger two still have occasional accidents and it goes right through the hammock material.

Hammock
    Lots
    Tarp
    Winter style :)
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    buckle
    they grow so quick IMHO set it up for a 11 that way you wont have to redo things later

Hammock
    Dutch 11' single Hexon1.6
    Tarp
    UGQ WD11
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    DW Cinch Buckle
    Have you looked at any of the threads on making a DIY PLUQ (poncho liner under quilt)? Those would be easily washable.

Hammock
    Switchback/DD Superlight
    Tarp
    BDD/DDH SL
    Insulation
    JRBShen/AHE/DDH UB
    Suspension
    Straps/DC-DDH susp
    Also, check out AHE's 3/4 Jarbride UQs. I'm 5' and mine is practically full length for me. I chose the 1- season just to take the edge off in Florida's warmer weather.

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 30 UQ and 40 TQ
    Suspension
    Custom Whoopies
    I would think a jarbridge on sale is a far better option than DIY. Paul might cut you a deal on 4 rather than waiting for the sale too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just an out of shape middle aged guy who loves doing outdoor things with his great kids...

www.hikerspantry.weebly.com

Hammock
    Hennessy Backpacker
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    Supershelter
    Suspension
    Whoopie w/hooks
    Here is the link another posted for wall hanging. http://www.uscargocontrol.com/Search?search=l-track

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Images
    Definitely going to check out the UQ options mentioned... are the ropes in the way enough to cause any risk for strangulation? That's my one hesitation for the youngest one. He's quite... active ha!

Quote Originally Posted by FishingHiker View Post
    Here is the link another posted for wall hanging. http://www.uscargocontrol.com/Search?search=l-track

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I think those are the brackets I was thinking of, thanks!

Hammock
    Lots
    Tarp
    Winter style :)
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    buckle
    I was thinking of making my kids hammocks for in there room and build in the insulation by sewing it into a double layer

Images
    One thought I had (and anyone can point out how it won't work, b/c I am a total newbie to this) was to DIY their full time sleeping hammocks and sew in a second layer underneath. Not sure I need a full 2 layer hammock, but maybe a pouch under the middle third of it? I could put elastic in the end so I could stuff it with different levels of warmth depending on the season.

Hammock
    DIY bridge
    Tarp
    DIY
    Here is a link to another post using metal C channel to hang the hammocks indoors:

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...g-for-the-boys

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123