Hennessey Hammock
    Tarp
    Stock
    Insulation
    None currently
    Suspension
    Stock

Lake George Burgess Island?

Were taking an extended family trip here in June and renting the whole island. I can only find a brief video and a few photos on-line. I'll be sure to post photos when we get back either way I was just wondering if anyone had ever camped this island or area in general?

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream 1
    Insulation
    EE and HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Various Straps
    I've camped on those islands a few times. They're beautiful and a lot of fun. Just make sure you have a reliable boat to get back and forth to town. Last time I was up there the boat broke down and we had to get towed.

Hammock
    Dutch and Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG WP 12ft / UGQ W
    Insulation
    HG, UGQ and WB
    Suspension
    Dutch Stuff
    Lake George is one of my absolute favorite places for vacationing. Can't beat the water clarity. I could swear its clearer than the water we experienced in Hawaii! We go up in September when the kids are back in school, and the lake has had a chance to warm up in the summer months. I've stayed on Turtle and Juanita islands in the Glen Island group (lately in a cottage because of two toddlers and aging parents). Burgess is a little farther north, so Hulett's Landing I believe is the closest launch point. Glen island group is closer to Bolton Landing, and Glen Island has a little camp store for getting the necesseties (see lakegeorgedeli.com). You should try hiking Black Mountain - great views from the summit - we make an effort every time we go up to do that hike. And as posted above, make sure your boat is in good shape, I've experienced breakdowns with our ski boat at our camp site.. Luckily, we also had a zodiac with a 5hp engine to tow the 19ft ski boat back from Turtle Island to Bolton Landing (Norowal Marina). Also, while boating, pay attention to rocks, they have them well marked for the most part.. Sounds like you guys should have lots of fun Looking forward to your posted pics! We'll be up there this September.

IMG_3067.jpg
    DSC_0708.jpg

Hammock
    Hennessey Hammock
    Tarp
    Stock
    Insulation
    None currently
    Suspension
    Stock
    Unfortunately I have very limited photos. Im so used to technology I didn't think of charging my phone on an island lol. We had a half decent trip. Although it was a 5 and a half hour drive by the time we stopped with our two year old. Spent the first day ferrying several people and their unorganized stuff back and forth. Second day we spent fishing and I got a treble hook stuck in my finger. Spent the rest of the day looking for someone to dislodge it by the marina. Ask me for that story some time. Otherwise we got rained out the third day. Glad my wifes family rented a cabin a crossed the water and the women were able to make everyone breakfast while we packed up the whole island. We had about 30 people. So I think next time id like an extra day or two and a second boat. We were kind of limited to what we could do since we had to wait for the boat.

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    If you want a pretty challenging hike, do the Tongue Mtn Range!! Did that in college, in the rain, and slush, and the dude who drove left the lights on in the college van. DOH!!! Fortunately it started somehow.
    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Hammock
    Dutch and Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG WP 12ft / UGQ W
    Insulation
    HG, UGQ and WB
    Suspension
    Dutch Stuff
    Can't imagine getting a treble hook lodged in your finger-- ouch!! Especially the barbs.. I'll be up there in 3 weeks.. And I will also be traveling with a 2 yr old AND a 4 yr old while trailering our ski boat 8hrs+. Staying in a cottage near Bolton Landing, but my wife and I will be hammock camping a night of two on one of the islands.. Can't wait!

Hammock
    Hennessey Hammock
    Tarp
    Stock
    Insulation
    None currently
    Suspension
    Stock
    Stowe18... the large mouth bass there were huge. Catching them easy just before sundown right off the island.

Hammock
    Dutch and Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG WP 12ft / UGQ W
    Insulation
    HG, UGQ and WB
    Suspension
    Dutch Stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenser321 View Post
    Stowe18... the large mouth bass there were huge. Catching them easy just before sundown right off the island.
    I know exactly what you mean -- I go out before sunrise, use a "Gary Yamamoto" plastic worm, and I catch Rock Bass, Smallmouth, and Largemouth Bass. Went out with a guy last year who had downriggers, and we caught lake salmon and trout out by Dome Island.. Those fish are down at 100 - 130ft deep. Next weekend is my trip, can't wait.. I'll be hanging the hammock for a night on an island in the Glen Island Group, just not sure which one yet. I'll post a pic or two when I get back.. Thanks for your tip though, I'll try right before sundown too..

• + New Posts