MyersTech 10-20°F Full Length Synthetic Underquilt

I was pursuing an underquilt for sale on a Facebook group, and saw a post by Jeff Myers of MyersTech Hammock Lab (https://www.facebook.com/myerstek/) about custom making quilts and other hammock gear. I inquired, and he walked me through all of my options and everything he could do. I fall heavily into the lightweight spectrum of campers, so all of my sleeping gear is down. After talking with Jeff and thinking about the reality of my needs for a cold-weather quilt, I realized that the few ounces and cubic-inches I would be penalized with synthetic were worth saving about half of what a comparable down offering would be.

Once we hashed out what it was I was actually looking for, he ordered the supplies right away. As soon as they arrived, he started sending updates. He shared progress, and made sure to clarify any potential options along the way. He grabbed a deal on some nylon and passed that on to me...knowing that I was not incredibly keen on too much camo! The quilt is full length (46" x 68" finished), using 1.6oz ripstop nylon (my choice, to keep cost down) and 7.5oz Climashield Apex insulation. All cordage and hooks are included, and it weighs in right at 26oz.

He is newer to gear making, but he definitely has the skill and the understanding to excel at it. He put pleats in the right places, made sure to stitch the insulation so it would hang and fluff from the top, used some nifty cord-locks, and stitched some beautiful seams in general. The value Jeff provides is not only in his low overhead costs; it is in his craftsmanship, attention to detail, and communication. He continues to expand his offerings, and is willing to try/experiment with just about anything you can think of to throw at him. Not to mention the satisfaction of supporting a veteran to get gear made here in the USA.

And of course...pictures!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Hammock
    Dutch Nylon D 1.6 single & double
    Tarp
    Kelty and Yukon
    Insulation
    Snugpak Cocoon
    Suspension
    My whoopie/straps
    Images
    Jeff's a great Guy and does wonderful work.. Ordered a few thing from him already. I have a Hammock on order right now ... can't wait to get it.. Try him out ...

Quote Originally Posted by jcdflint View Post
    Jeff's a great Guy and does wonderful work.. Ordered a few thing from him already. I have a Hammock on order right now ... can't wait to get it.. Try him out ...
    Absolutely. I will probably go through him for a hammock as well, once the wife decides what she wants out of it.

Banned
    Images
    Thanks for the post !

SAM_6485.JPG

• + New Posts