Eno doublenest with whoopie upgrade
    Tarp
    PROFLY XL
    Insulation
    Primaloft
    Suspension
    Atlas Chroma x2

eno spark 2? Thoughts

I just picked up one of these, I found it to be the best that I could find. That's it before I found this place and all this cool info..

My set up as of now stands all eno.
    Hammock= doublenest
    Underquilt= Vulcan 35°
    Topquilt= spark 2
    Sleeping bag= tahoe 40°
    Bug net= guardian sl
    Tarp= Profly
    underbelly sling

Ok, with all of this info, how low (temperature wise) do you guys think would be feasible with this set up. I can add thermal underwear, wool socks and hat.

Thanks in advance
    "Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God"- Benjamin Franklin
    "The nine millimeter is for killing europeans, for truely dangerous people you need a .45." Col. Jeff Cooper"
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    From all the reviews I've read, ENO insulation is a contradiction in terms. The Vulcan is rated 35* to 45*, which means probably 50* at best (though I wouldn't trust it under 55*, which is like not having an UQ at all). It's great you're stacking a sleeping bag and Spark 2 on top, but the UQ will be the limiting factor.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Tarp
    PROFLY XL
    Insulation
    Primaloft
    Suspension
    Atlas Chroma x2
    Last night I used only the sleeping bag and the underquilt. I was fine down to the mid 40s. Tonight I'll add the top quilt. I've been happy with the underquilt so far... I don't really care about weight. I'll check back in tomorrow with an update
    "The nine millimeter is for killing europeans, for truely dangerous people you need a .45." Col. Jeff Cooper"
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Hammock
    Warbonnet XLC and WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly and WD 13
    Insulation
    JRB HG AHE Lynx
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    My son has a junglenest w/ the vulcan underquilt and used an rei flash 29 degree bag as a TQ. Last year we were in the smokies and got in the low 40s and he said he was warm. (he is a warm sleeper) He hasn't tried it into the 30's and I probably would do a trip where you could bail (car/backyard) just in case before trying to push it in the backwoods...good luck and enjoy.

Hammock
    Bearded Hanger 11'
    Tarp
    Monster Tarp
    Insulation
    HG TQ/LocoLibre UQ
    Suspension
    Homemade Whoopies
    I used an Eno Vulcan for years before I was able to buy a down under quilt. I used it down to 40F many times with no problems. I certainly prefer my down gear but I still have the Eno and will keep it for a loaner. I don't know anything about the Spark 2.

Hammock
    Dutchware Hexon 1.6 11ft
    Tarp
    Yukon Rainfly
    Insulation
    JRB, AHE, DIY, SP
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    I'd say with just the Vulcan and Spark, with some base layers you'd probably be comfortable around 50 degrees. If you climbed in your sleeping bag with that, you'd probably be good about 40 degrees.

One thing about cheaper synthetic sleeping bags, is that they don't compress well. So you can't pack them down as much. On the plus side, since they don't compress as much, they keep a little warmth when you lay on them inside a hammock. A down bag will compress to the point it has almost no insulation left, a synthetic sometimes will keep a little loft.

I have a cousin that uses nothing but a synthetic eureka 15 degree bag. Hes slept in his hammock down to 30 degrees with no under insulation. I wouldn't believe he was comfortable if I didn't hear him snoring all night.

Every day is a good day.

Banned
    Images
    I do not have a spark 2 . I can comment on the temp rating. I have a ENO down blaze UQ That can barely keep up with my Apex 5.0 DIY underquilt. So the listed specs are a little off

Also , listed size pecs are off....https://www.facebook.com/jeff.myers....4147781&type=3

Hammock
    Tarp
    PROFLY XL
    Insulation
    Primaloft
    Suspension
    Atlas Chroma x2
    Last night hit 37° by the hanging thermometer, I woke up a few times with my face rather cold but my body was warm.

I took the time to search for cold spots in the uQ, I couldn't find any. I'm researching more the Vulcan needs the proper tension in the bungee cords at the end to properly seal the uq to the hammock preventing cold air to enter..

I think I need one more top quilt to get me down to where the 20s are doable. I've entertained some reflectics btwn the uq and hammock and have ordered a 4 season sleeping pad. I think a down tq is in order

Hammock
    Tarp
    PROFLY XL
    Insulation
    Primaloft
    Suspension
    Atlas Chroma x2
    Ok so I'm hating that this forum wasn't known to me before dropping about a grand on hammock equipment. Now I'm looking at a jungle safari from Hennessey hammocks

I've sleep in my setup down to 35°F and not been cold, I still haven't received my 0° sleeping bag so that should drop my comfortable temp down a little more.

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty, Astd. Dutch
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex, TF
    Insulation
    HG,WLSS,JrB,UGQ,LL
    Suspension
    LW straps/Becket
    The HH may be a great hammock, but I strongly urge you to investigate the offerings of some of our USA made cottage vendors-Dream, Hammeck, Dutch, Bonefire (all in one setup-pretty neat), et al, before making your next purchase. Good luck!

• + New Posts