Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Will take black/silver/gray (whichever it is). Brown is second choice.

Hammock
    11' Dutch, Yukon, ENO, and more
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    multiple setups
    Images
    I would buy a couple...no Costco store near me...nice of you to offer!!

I would like two as well if this works out. Just let me know where to send the money! Thanks this is awesome!

Hammock
    DIY FLYING BUTTREST Bridge or WBRR
    Tarp
    Leaves/Luck/DIY
    Insulation
    UnluckyGeese of HG
    Suspension
    Whoopiedyne Vines
    Images
    i would buy a couple. thanks!
    Trail information, photos, waterfalls and vistas on the DeSoto Scout Trail facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/desoto.trai.../photos_albums

Soon I'll lose these rags and run, Returning to the wild where I'm from. -Chris Whitley

Hammock
    TTTM Double
    Tarp
    Yukon Walkabout
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps
    I'll take one!

Let me know when to send you money

An update on this.. I'll be making the drive tomorrow morning to pick up as many as I can fit in my SUV. I estimate that to be around 45. I'll concentrate on the darker browns and greens first but get some other colors too just so people that want a specific color have a chance at it. There's a possible 152 of them right now that I could get.

I expect to offer quantity discounts on multiples and possibly on shipping.

I have a bit of a problem right now in that I don't have the ability to post on the Group Buys forum because I'm under 100 posts. I don't see myself making 50 posts over the next few days so what I'll probably have to do is either get some admin/moderator type to change something for me so I can post in a group buys section or I can put them up on some other kind of sale site that will protect people.

I'm leaning towards setting up a web server specifically for signing up for colors so that as people sign up for them it will remove that color from the pool of available ones and people will know exactly what color they'll get. That would take me probably an hour to create from scratch using Flask--it's a micro web framework for Python.

As for delivery, I'll work with people to find the cheapest possible method of shipping and those that purchase will have the option of picking up theirs from me at MAHHA in April which would mean no shipping. I'll be tacking on a $.50 fee to cover PayPal's fees. I have plenty of printer ink that I got free so I don't plan to charge for ink.

Soo.. the rub is.. will this site let me link to an external site for doing the signup so that we can better organize this group buy? I'll happily give anyone that is interested my personal information so that people understand there's not going to be risk to them over this. (You'll get exactly what you asked for or your money back.)

I've had some people ask me about lowering the price. I wish I could for all of them but I'm looking to put out about $500 of my own money in advance to get these and I need to recoup that quickly to make it worth it--so that my wife know that I was right and this is an incredible opportunity. The drive is about 90 minutes from my house so it'll cost me at least 3 hours of my own time, a tank of gas, and all the time shipping as well (fortunately, I live close to a post office and a Fedex). If during the sale period it looks like we're going to easily sell out, I'll drive over and pick more up if they're still available.

If during the sale it looks like I wont sell out, I'm going to be putting the extras on eBay. (But I'm hoping not to because their fees are insane.)

Feel free to send me messages at facebook too: facebook.com/iconicflux
    Last edited by iconicflux; 03-12-2016 at 12:05.

Hammock
    11' Hexon 1.6, Poly D 1.3
    Tarp
    HG Standard Cuben
    Insulation
    DIY TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    12' tree straps to
    Images
    Just so I don't waste the drive, are you headed to the Ocean, NJ one or a different one?
    Last edited by Dcolon13; 03-12-2016 at 13:03.

Images
    Yes eBay is the Greatest and i love it.

Thanks for trying to set this up! And thanks to your wife for having 500$. You may have already worked this out but I would suggest talking to a Costco manager about a potential mark down on a multiple buy. This is a discontinued item and they are just trying to get them off the floor. The one's i posted about in Nj were already marked down to 14.97 or something. See if you can go sub 15 or 10$ and tweak out your numbers for ultimate maximization.

Thanks again!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcolon13 View Post
    Just so I don't waste the drive, are you headed to the Ocean, NJ one or a different one?
    I think iconicflux must be talking about a different one with many more in stock. Also MD to NJ more than 90 min I think. Are you Gonna go to the one in Ocean township NJ??

Hammock
    11' Hexon 1.6, Poly D 1.3
    Tarp
    HG Standard Cuben
    Insulation
    DIY TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    12' tree straps to
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by onetearless View Post
    I think iconicflux must be talking about a different one with many more in stock. Also MD to NJ more than 90 min I think. Are you Gonna go to the one in Ocean township NJ??
    That's what I thought. I'm gonna try and convince my gf to take a drive to the beach in NJ with me tomorrow--with a small Costco detour

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast