Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphinx View Post
    Like i posted earlier today, i do appreciate the IMAGE of being responsible, but straps themselves aren't necessarily better for trees. Show me otherwise, i dare you.
    Good luck arguing that point.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Hammock Envy S
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG INCU. 0*
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphinx View Post
    This is EXACTLY what im talking about. That was a fraction of a sentence in my statement, and here we go. People assume the worst. There are so many ways to responsibly hang strapless. I used straps for years, I have posted about this at least twice already today, and have defended my stance countless times on this forum. The statement isn't Hang Your Own Hang And Stop To Judge Everybody In Sight.

FWIW, if i'm casually hanging anywhere public, i am likely using the good ol' ENO straps anyways. Ya know, so i don't warp the fragile little minds of the general populous or irreversibly damage the reputation of hangers. Like i posted earlier today, i do appreciate the IMAGE of being responsible, but straps themselves aren't necessarily better for trees. Show me otherwise, i dare you.
    I think in part your getting some guff for your attitude in how your responding to folks. A simple thanks for the tip or something to that nature would go along way.

Hammock
    yes please
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    kevlar straps
    I think we all just need one big group hang...

Hammock
    10' 1.0 dh darien
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    Incu-Sniv-Pepper
    Suspension
    All of 'em
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroma View Post
    I think we all just need one big group hang...
    +1

Images
    Off topic posts were removed from this thread for violating TOS.

II. Be Respectful. This is not negotiable. We treat each other with respect at Hammock Forums. This is a great community where the norm is to support others in their ideas and projects (including respectful critiques), and not assume offense where none is intended...and therefore not to flame, call names, or create friction in our threads. It's often easy to get frustrated over someone's post and type a quick reply to "set them straight." If the original post is out of line and the follow-up is calm and respectful, then it is appropriate for well-established members to help newbies learn our norms. However, we will not show a lack of respect for each other. Disagreement is fine; disrespectful behavior is not. Please make it easier on the community and police your own posts. Since intent is hard to gauge on the internet, please start by giving the benefit of the doubt if the post is not clearly offensive.

Hammock
    WB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Wooki/Mamba
    Images
    Thank you O&B. I was remembering that part of the TOS and planning to look it up now that I'm home.

This is many of the many reasons HF is awesome.

Hammock
    Custom Dutch 8'x4'
    Tarp
    MYOG Cuben Asym
    Insulation
    WM Everlite pod
    Suspension
    Simply 7/64
    All i said is that i don't use tree straps on my camping hammock. There are 1001 ways around that issue, and that definitely was not the point i was trying to make.

And the off-topic messages and personal attacks keep coming. I thought to OP made a valid point and i tried to elaborate. The following discourse did a better job of proving my point than i ever could have.

I apologize for getting so agro on a forum but i do feel like i'm just defending myself around here. I don't know any of you people, and im sure IRL you are decent, fun-loving and respectful. Try to remember that i might be a decent person as well......though a bit socially inept and excitable.

I guess, if i were to stop complaining for a second and offer a solution, it would be this: Try to answer the questions that are presented or add to the topic at hand. A mildly tangential statement can be helpful, but eventually its just a steaming pile of tasteless fodder.

EDITED/RE-WRITTEN AND TONED DOWN BECAUSE I WAS CENSORED THE FIRST TIME
    Last edited by Sphinx; 03-10-2016 at 20:22.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Focus on the 98%.
    Don't allow someone to make you feel what you do not want to feel. They cannot put their hands on you.
    Take the high road, that is where true power is.
    Carry forth and Whooooo Buddy.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Custom Dutch 8'x4'
    Tarp
    MYOG Cuben Asym
    Insulation
    WM Everlite pod
    Suspension
    Simply 7/64
    Well done, Campdavid. You made me laugh. I was genuinely smiling for a second there. I love my little banana pod, actually i call it the Chrysalis

.......And then you made it really personal and ugly. Pardon my squishy feelings but OUCH dude. I just had a few comments deleted that weren't nearly that personal.

Hammock
    WBBB SGL 1.1
    Tarp
    HG Std Cuben
    Insulation
    Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    By your own admission you have only seen negative responses by 2% of the forum users.
    My experience has been that in most environments at least 10% of respondents to any issue will disagree with anything that is presented to them.
    Anyone who checks reviews prior to purchasing a product would likely agree.
    Anyone who has ever graced the pages of any forum out there would probably say 10% is a low number.
    Not entirely sure what your complaint is here. Seems to me that 2% makes this forum a Utopian paradise.
    Please, just enjoy the rare atmosphere we have in this forum and try not to proliferate negativity so as to destroy what we all have enjoyed for so long.
    While you are surely entitled to your opinion, if you are uncomfortable, find somewhere better.
    You are unlikely to find anywhere else where only 2% give you a hard time.
    If you do, let us all know, we will join you there.
    If not we will always welcome you here.
    Last edited by MOWOGO '72; 03-10-2016 at 20:59.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.
    Charles Darwin

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast