Hammock
    DH Gnome 10' 1.8 Nightgrid Camo
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Hammock Anchors
    Also if you use google maps new feature to download maps for offline use you should be able to turn off your data and still use google maps. I do it because reception is nonexistent in the park and I like to have the map available as a back up to check location info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Therm-a Rest
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Webbing
    Hi All,
    I see I am not the only one working nights this week, but I switch back to days next week.

It looks like it's still a go for me, but I was wondering what to do. I won't arrive until around noon Saturday, and I see the Kearney municipal building is closed Saturday. Does the park office have a separate entrance? What do late arrivals do?

Quote Originally Posted by 76 highboy View Post
    Hi ken. Hows it hangin? lol Sorry couldnt help myself.
    Hopefully luvmybonnet and myself will be there thursday to grab a site.
    If available im thinking east end of the island or the 2nd site west of the portage to sawyer lake.
    After that i guess any site is fair game. Thoughts ? and/or know any good sites on the south shore?
    Ted
    Do you what site #'s these are?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Donski View Post
    Hi All,
    I see I am not the only one working nights this week, but I switch back to days next week.

It looks like it's still a go for me, but I was wondering what to do. I won't arrive until around noon Saturday, and I see the Kearney municipal building is closed Saturday. Does the park office have a separate entrance? What do late arrivals do?

Do you what site #'s these are?
    The community centre is closed but the park office is open at 7:00am. Keg, OotN'Aboot, and 76 highboy all have permits. Contact one them and get the reservation details so when you show up you ask to be put on the permit. Usually permit holders send out a PM to the group with the reservation info. We also often times send out a PM to exchange mobile numbers.

The sites are not numbered. Late comers just go to an agreed upon area of the lake and look out for an agreed upon marker like a flag or something. Yelling out "whoo buddy" is a sure way to know you are in the right place.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    DH Gnome 10' 1.8 Nightgrid Camo
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Hammock Anchors
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    The community centre is closed but the park office is open at 7:00am. Keg, OotN'Aboot, and 76 highboy all have permits. Contact one them and get the reservation details so when you show up you ask to be put on the permit. Usually permit holders send out a PM to the group with the reservation info. We also often times send out a PM to exchange mobile numbers.

The sites are not numbered. Late comers just go to an agreed upon area of the lake and look out for an agreed upon marker like a flag or something. Yelling out "whoo buddy" is a sure way to know you are in the right place.

Bubba, am I correct in assuming that we won't have our permit details until the day of? They are different than our reservation details correct? As well when I get my permit I just pay for the people that are with me when I get it and anyone adding themself on later will just pay to be added on?

Sorry I've only ever gone up to Algonquin with groups that are already one unit at the time of acquiring the permit so I want to make sure I don't **** this up

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OotN'Aboot View Post
    Bubba, am I correct in assuming that we won't have our permit details until the day of? They are different than our reservation details correct? As well when I get my permit I just pay for the people that are with me when I get it and anyone adding themself on later will just pay to be added on?

Sorry I've only ever gone up to Algonquin with groups that are already one unit at the time of acquiring the permit so I want to make sure I don't **** this up
    Typically, when we all show up, the permit holder and those others present pay their fees and get the back country permit that goes with the group as well as vehicle permits for all the cars. People arriving later usually just give the name of the reservation holder get their name put on the permit, pay their own fees and get their vehicles permit.

I won't be able to make it to Algonquin this spring but to anyone heading out please remember it's blackly season and they're out in FORCE due to the mild winter. I went for a weekend in Frontenac park last week and they were insane.

Pic is from me unzipping my sparrow, crawling in. And zipping back up

Other images for relief from the horror

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 5.0
    Tarp
    Skjold 10
    Insulation
    Fjol Winterlight
    Suspension
    Amok cinch buckles
    I have to leave Sunday so decided to head up on Wednesday to squeeze in an extra night. This will give me a jump on scouting good sites ahead of the long weekend crowd (with the emergence of the bugs, gonna try to grab that western island site for us - had a similarly situated site on Ralph Bice at the peak of bugs two years ago & it really helped). I'll pick up a Canadian flag today to indicate the site I get. The way Bubba explains it, guess I need to add myself to one of the reservations that start on Thursday night, think that is 76Highboy & LuvmyBonnet? If so, could you PM the details please.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBB XLC/R.R 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG/LocoL/AHE/UGQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I was thinking the island as well. 76Highboy & I will be up sometime Thursday. We should be pretty easy to locate. Just look for the 2 14ft lime green kayaks. details to come
    Hanging in the woods, paddlin and catching trout- My kind of living...

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Kanu View Post
    I have to leave Sunday so decided to head up on Wednesday to squeeze in an extra night. This will give me a jump on scouting good sites ahead of the long weekend crowd (with the emergence of the bugs, gonna try to grab that western island site for us - had a similarly situated site on Ralph Bice at the peak of bugs two years ago & it really helped). I'll pick up a Canadian flag today to indicate the site I get. The way Bubba explains it, guess I need to add myself to one of the reservations that start on Thursday night, think that is 76Highboy & LuvmyBonnet? If so, could you PM the details please.

If you are actually paddling in on Wednesday, you'll need a permit for that night. Don't know what the best thing to do is. You could just get your own permit for your length of stay since you'll need vehicle permit. Maybe give the reservation line a call to find out.

Hammock
    1.7 dbl, WBRR LSOH Swift
    Tarp
    superfly Razor
    Insulation
    Lynx' toaster z
    Suspension
    webbing, whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Kanu View Post

Looks like its up to you to find the best site ever.
    No pressure
    No signs,no fees,no rules,nobody. My kind of campsite.

• + New Posts
  • Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast