Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images

Testing 1..2..3..

My main hammock is at 2QZQ getting the HH zipper mod, so when the Yukon Outfitters Mosquito XL hammock came up on sale for $30 I said why not get it as a back up or loaner hammock. Set it up tonight to test it in the backyard, expected low is 33. I have a HG Incubator 20 for the UQ and a HG Burrow 40 (2 oz. overfill) for my TQ. The tarp I purchased from Yukon Outfitters also - the Walkabout for $17. So, for a $47 investment...we'll see how it goes! Oh yeah...first test of my new Hammeck stand.

IMG_2319.jpg
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Hammock
    Argon 11 ft or HH BKUL
    Tarp
    Asym DIY Pole Mod
    Insulation
    DIY, Jarbrige,HHSS
    Suspension
    Lashings
    Images
    $47 for a back-up set is pretty good. Let us know how it went - If you survive :>)
    Enjoying the simple things in life -
    Own less, live more.

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Ok..after action report. Set up the hammock yesterday afternoon using my new Hammeck stand. The Hammeck stand was set up at normal size (without the 24" extension) and it is a little long to attach this hammock directly. The hammock does not come with any suspension, only oval screw links at each gathered end. So I was able to attach the head end directly to the stand and used a prusik loop to extend out to the other end of the hammock. I was able to achieve a good hang angle that way. Replaced the stretch cord they provided for the bug net with some 550 paracord I had and used a figure-9 to tighten that up.

Fast forward to this morning. Slept pretty good. Overnight temps dipped down to 32, but my HG UQ 20 and HG TQ 40 with overfill performed flawlessly. I did not notice any cold spots. As the saying goes - I was snug as a bug in a rug. I noticed that I had slid down in the hammock during the night. After finally convincing myself to crawl out of my nice warm environment I checked the hang angle and it had gone from 30 to 39 degrees overnight. New nylon hammock I guess had stretched out overnight between weight being applied and overnight moisture. This is not an asym hammock so there was no stretching out at an angle to achieve a flat lay, but I was comfortable nonetheless.

So, for a $47 backup system......it was worth every penny!
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Hammock
    11' Robic XL
    Tarp
    HG 11' Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQ Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Sweet deal. I got some friends that have an interest in hammock camping but don't wanna fork out the investment for everything. I started with ENO but not sure that's really a step up in anything but price

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Yeah...hammock & tarp for $47 and all you need to do is add a suspension system...you in for under $60! Compared to other price-gouged hammocks out there this is great for a beginner to explore hammocks.

Hammock
    Envy S
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
    My main hammock is at 2QZQ getting the HH zipper mod, so when the Yukon Outfitters Mosquito XL hammock came up on sale for $30 I said why not get it as a back up or loaner hammock. Set it up tonight to test it in the backyard, expected low is 33. I have a HG Incubator 20 for the UQ and a HG Burrow 40 (2 oz. overfill) for my TQ. The tarp I purchased from Yukon Outfitters also - the Walkabout for $17. So, for a $47 investment...we'll see how it goes! Oh yeah...first test of my new Hammeck stand.

IMG_2319.jpg
    Set up looks good. To hang your hammock you can larkshead a continuous loop around the end cap. 295835154.jpg

Then attach your carabiner to the continuous loop This will distribute the weight and "lock in" the stand

Enjoy!
    Hammeck - Hammocks, stands, and accessories, made by the Meck family.

Like us on Facebook!

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Thanks for the info. I had just ordered some Amsteel to make some continuous loops just like you suggested. BTW...the stand worked great!

• + New Posts