WBRR
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah for now
    Insulation
    Snugpak TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Toggles

WBRR is on the way

Well, as I stated in my introduction post - I'm ordering a War Bonnet Ridge runner. IT'S OFFICIALLY ORDERED JUST NOW!! WOO HOO

I ordered the Dbl. Layer, (because I'm 230-240 lbs.) and got the Multicam color with woopie slings. I'm hoping the bridge style hammock will be more comfortable than a bunched end hammock. I've only used my Hammock Bliss Sky Bed Bug Free a couple of times, but I'm setting it up this weekend to play with suspension system a bit more & hopefully stay in it all night this time. Cold weather and no UQ wasn't working, I might try and rig an extra sleeping bag for an UQ until I can order the Lynx for the WBRR. Under pressure from GF I only ordered hammock at this time, I'll get TQ & UQ later. I still have 4 tents a cot/memory foam matress & inflatable Queen size air mattress to get by with until a bit warmer weather.

I'm 55 years young, and find myself almost overly excited about this new venture in Hammock Camping. I'm equally jazzed aout the fact it's made in the good ol' USA!!! ++ all the way.

Looking for sector 7 to camp in - GM

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Noah 12 for now
    Insulation
    Lynx 0, Spindrift
    Suspension
    7/64 Whoopies
    Congratulations. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.
    I know it's not the lightest gear, and it's a lot of stuff, but I use a canoe, so it's a lot like car camping, but without the other cars.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Congrats. I love my Warbonnet Ridgerunner. The first time I climbed in it I was amazed that something this thin and light could hold my 190 lbs. So far so good. I've got the full length 3 season under quilt and impatiently waiting for my Locolibregear top quilt. These bridge hammocks are a totally different from gathered end hammocks. They lay just like a bed and I love it.

Hammock
    ridgerunner
    Tarp
    superfly
    Oh man oh man! I have a new one, myself, with the superfly...MAN! IT IS AWESOME. Mine is double layer, too, but with the strap and buckles, which are so easy to set up. Went out for an overnighter, temps just below freezing at night. I took my 40 degree bag, used as an underlayer, and slept in my 20 degree bag. Instead of using the double layer underneath, I just put the bags inside, and I slept wonderfully. No coldness at all. The hammock itself is very comfortable. I am 5'9", and weigh about 150. Only thing I was concerned of was I pitched the tarp too close and the wind was blowing the hammock into the tarp, which I adjusted right away. You are going to love it.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah for now
    Insulation
    Snugpak TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Toggles
    Thanks for the replies. It has arrived and I've napped in it already. LOVE IT.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadgetman728 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. It has arrived and I've napped in it already. LOVE IT.
    Now you need the underquilt and topquilt.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah for now
    Insulation
    Snugpak TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Toggles
    I couldn't wait for my UQ to arrive, so I took my new WBRR to a buddies house out in the country, way up in Northern Kansas. The trees I used were about 20' apart and the RR went up easily. I suspended a ridgeline to put my Kelty Noah over and was ready for the night. Several hours later, I crawled into my hammock, only to find out my suspension wasn't snugged up and it self-adjusted me clear to the ground. I tried to adjust my whoopie slings equally from both ends until I could comfortably get situated in the hammock. After about 1/2 hr. my right shoulder started aching, and my left leg was very uncomfortable. I tried several positions and even got in and out a few times to walk around and stretch a little.
    No matter what, I ended up on my cot, where I finished off the night.
    I came here to the forums and queried - can't get comfortable. After reading several threads, I went out and looked at my setup and realized I should have cinched everything up tight because when things tightened as I sat down in the hammock, my actual whoopie loops, were really closer to 5 ' off the ground instead of 6' where the straps were. When I tightened up the whoopies enough to not sag to the ground, my 30° angle was gone.

I'm headed out to the park in a few minutes to try my theory out. Until later, hang n there!!

Hammock
    ridgerunner
    Tarp
    superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadgetman728 View Post
    I couldn't wait for my UQ to arrive, so I took my new WBRR to a buddies house out in the country, way up in Northern Kansas. The trees I used were about 20' apart and the RR went up easily. I suspended a ridgeline to put my Kelty Noah over and was ready for the night. Several hours later, I crawled into my hammock, only to find out my suspension wasn't snugged up and it self-adjusted me clear to the ground. I tried to adjust my whoopie slings equally from both ends until I could comfortably get situated in the hammock. After about 1/2 hr. my right shoulder started aching, and my left leg was very uncomfortable. I tried several positions and even got in and out a few times to walk around and stretch a little.
    No matter what, I ended up on my cot, where I finished off the night.
    I came here to the forums and queried - can't get comfortable. After reading several threads, I went out and looked at my setup and realized I should have cinched everything up tight because when things tightened as I sat down in the hammock, my actual whoopie loops, were really closer to 5 ' off the ground instead of 6' where the straps were. When I tightened up the whoopies enough to not sag to the ground, my 30° angle was gone.

I'm headed out to the park in a few minutes to try my theory out. Until later, hang n there!!
    The angle was too much. It should be at 25 degrees. It was sagging in the center for you, with an angle which is suited for a gathered end hammock.(30 to 35 degrees)

• + New Posts