HH Deluxe/ DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    HH Hex/ WB Superfl
    Insulation
    DIY Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

TATO Gear Hammock Stand

We would like to introduce our new Ultimate Hammock Stand. It's no longer a kit, it's a full stand. 3 models available including a camping model that is long enough to hang bridge hammocks and has a weight capacity of 500lbs!! Please support our Kickstarter Campaign here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Offering fine and unique outdoor products for the serious hiker and hammocker.
    Available at the following retailers:Tier Gear, Dutchware

Images
    Looks really good Bryan. Great job.

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    From the other thread...

I'm curious how short the top rail and tripod can be broken down, and the diameter of the carry bag when stuffed with all the pieces.
    Length & diameter of the carry bag?
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Hammock
    One of my creations
    Tarp
    one of my DIYs
    Insulation
    DIY down or PL
    Suspension
    Something Ti
    Has the camping model been tried with double whoopie hooks and two hammocks?

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    Congrats on the Kickstarter, have backed several successful projects and really like that there is low risk in getting this out of production and into the hands of the backers.

Also like that the top rail does not appear to deflect when loaded with Capt Smiley.

Some questions.

Q: What are the Suggested Retail Pricings on the various units?

Based on the offered Vendor Pricing structure, unless vendors tack on $100, it doesn't appear that there is much of discount for participating in this Kickstarter? Or any discount for Early Birds???

Q: Will units be offered after the Kickstarter Project?

Q: How does the top rail suspension attach to the tripod? It looks like it is an integral hook in the top piece that a loop of amsteel slides over?

Q: What is the max diameter line (will 1/8" amsteel fit without a problem) supported for the top rail attachment/suspension? (I don't want to use 7/64ths even for holding the top rail)

Q: What is the max load rating of the integral hook ? (meaning, how much of a safety factor is there at 500lbs, 2:1, 5:1 ??)

Q: Does the safety cap completely secure the suspension line in the hook like a spring gate on a carabiner does? Meaning, there is zero chance a line can slip off after the safety cap is closed?

Q: How does the system support the hammock suspension exactly? It looks as if there is an amsteel loop that suspends the top rail from the cap and then another different loop or doggone that is attached to the end of the top rail that is hooked to the hammock? How is that doggone or loop attached to the top rail?

Q: What is the size of the system broken down for transport? How long, wide. Would love to see some pics of that as well.

I think some more detailed pics added to the Kickstarter would go a long way to providing information and answers to these sorts of questions.

Side Note: I can make someone a deal on a lot of military surplus aluminum antenna mast poles.

Again, congrats on what looks to be another fine TATO Gear product.
    TGKSB#5
    Last edited by Ratdog; 03-01-2016 at 03:14.
    Have sherpas, will travel...
    Triangles, it's all about the triangles.
    H30º ™
    HTA

8.7167º

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    +1 on the questions!

Based on the offered Vendor Pricing structure, unless vendors tack on $100, it doesn't appear that there is much of discount for participating in this Kickstarter? Or any discount for Early Birds???
    Although there is not a discount for early birds, you do get them shipped to you earlier by a few months than the regular ship out date. Vendor price on the camping model looks to be $190 per unit vs. $240 the rest of us are paying, so there is some profit room there.
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Hammock
    HH Deluxe/ DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    HH Hex/ WB Superfl
    Insulation
    DIY Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
    From the other thread...

Length & diameter of the carry bag?
    Length is 44" x 8" diameter

Quote Originally Posted by Mouseskowitz View Post
    Has the camping model been tried with double whoopie hooks and two hammocks?

It has not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratdog View Post
    Congrats on the Kickstarter, have backed several successful projects and really like that there is low risk in getting this out of production and into the hands of the backers.

Also like that the top rail does not appear to deflect when loaded with Capt Smiley.

Some questions.

Q1: What are the Suggested Retail Pricings on the various units?

Q2: Will units be offered after the Kickstarter Project?

Q3: How does the top rail suspension attach to the tripod? It looks like it is an integral hook in the top piece that a loop of amsteel slides over?

Q4: What is the max diameter line (will 1/8" amsteel fit without a problem) supported for the top rail attachment/suspension? (I don't want to use 7/64ths even for holding the top rail)

Q5: What is the max load rating of the integral hook ? (meaning, how much of a safety factor is there at 500lbs, 2:1, 5:1 ??)

Q6: Does the safety cap completely secure the suspension line in the hook like a spring gate on a carabiner does? Meaning, there is zero chance a line can slip off after the safety cap is closed?

Q7: How does the system support the hammock suspension exactly? It looks as if there is an amsteel loop that suspends the top rail from the cap and then another different loop or doggone that is attached to the end of the top rail that is hooked to the hammock? How is that doggone or loop attached to the top rail?

Q8: What is the size of the system broken down for transport? How long, wide. Would love to see some pics of that as well.

I think some more detailed pics added to the Kickstarter would go a long way to providing information and answers to these sorts of questions.

Side Note: I can make someone a deal on a lot of military surplus aluminum antenna mast poles.

Again, congrats on what looks to be another fine TATO Gear product.
    TGKSB#5
    Q1 - Retail will come in at $220, $230 and $260. The reason there isn't much room for the vendor discount through Kickstarter is the fee structure which will eat about 10%. You could expect at least an additional 10% off for vendors.

Q2 - We will continue to take pre orders Via our website after the kickstarter has been completed and succesful and these units will ship directly after the kickstarter units. We are anticipating having plenty of these in stock on the first run.

Q3 - That is correct.

Q4 - 1/8 will fit although we use 7/64. One issue is that the amsteel loop is made into the top rail end caps and may be difficult to change. The loop runs through the end cap and there is no weight pulled downward on the top rail. It pretty much is just hanging there. It's kinda hard to explain but when we get to the hotel tonight I'll try to post a better explanation.

Q5 - The failure point for each tripod is 750lbs. With the stand being rated for 500 total across 2 tripods this puts a load of 250 per. So to answer, 3:1

Q6 - It completely closes it off so it cannot come out

Q7 - It is a single loop that goes through the end cap of the top rail as I was trying to explain in Q4. The top rail is captured within the end cap to just hold it into possision. All load goes through the single loop to the Tripod top with no load on the top rail. The top rail is there to take the linear load from tripod to tripod to prevent the two from being pulled toward each other.

Q8 - 44" long x 8 inch diameter bag
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Offering fine and unique outdoor products for the serious hiker and hammocker.
    Available at the following retailers:Tier Gear, Dutchware

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Our Tato stand kits have come in very handy in my back yard on those days/nights when i dont feel like walking into the woods deep enough to stealth camp and now these look even more handy.
    Not sure the wife will let me spring for 2 more stands but i'm gonna try like heck to get atleast one of these.
    Tato makes solid gear and Bryan is great to work with.
    I had been using one of my stands to sleep full time in the house but had to put it away to make room for family to stay for a week or two, well, it's been over 2 months and they are still here,, i miss sleeping in my hammock with my Tato stand kit but they are leaving soon,,

Hammock
    DH T- BIRD WBBB XLC 1.7
    Tarp
    tadpole+doors JRB
    Insulation
    greyloc 3, WLogics
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    I have a 11' hammock do I need the 13' camping model or can I get by the the 10' top rail? Also how do you attach a tarp to it?
    I'm Drunk as A Boiled Owl Harriet's left me and I think I've been called to Preach! FRANK WILSON

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Hi Bryan, I'm an Oates that used to live in Rock Hill. Live in Greenville now. I like your stand since I don't have trees in my back yard. If I use a buckle and strap attachment how would this stand work for me?

Thanks

Jerry Oates

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast