Warbonnet RR
    Tarp
    Dutchware Bonded
    Insulation
    Enlightened / HG
    Suspension
    HG Daisy Chain
    Images
    Representing PA (Dutch country) here...I use Rev series from Enlightened Equipment. Basically keep a 40 degree top Quilt for warmer months and a 10 degree for colder temps. Weights are great and pack down nice and small. Tried it, but could not get the coverage I wanted out of just one temp range.

Hammock
    SL tree runner and dutch netless
    Tarp
    SL Winter Haven
    Insulation
    HG /SL under/over
    Suspension
    Rap rings/straps
    I worry that a one season TQ would be totally inadequate below 40 or so and if 30 during the night...well...darn! I went for a HG Burrow 20 degree and it has a wide temperature range (15-55) yet does have a footbox I can open up. Every time I use it I am always grateful I did not go with a Burrow 40 yet I am a cold sleeper. If you do get a summer TQ, hopefully you can find one that is NOT sewn through construction (apex climashield?) as you would have some serious cold spots that your woolies might not be able to fend off in those cold temps. Good luck!

I'm admittedly a warm sleeper but I find the 30 deg rating on my EE Rev pretty conservative. I'm 6'1" and 260 so I went with the extra wide as recommended by the folks at EE. Its the only quilt I've ever owned so I can't really compare it to anything else. this thing is an amazing piece of gear though. when I'm packing I have to fight the urge to pack extra clothing because it feels so light it seems i would never be enough to keep me warm. I can't say for sure what the lowest temp I've been down to is because the only thermostat I have is a cheep zipper pull deal. my best guess is mid to upper teens. thats with my puffy and a hat. I was warm enough to sleep well.

Hammock
    Dutchware 1.0 Hexon 10'
    Tarp
    HG Std CF w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    DG Whoopie Hook
    HG 20 Burrow for spring and winter. I have used it in the summer but I find it to be hot. I recently made a Costco TQ and will be using this in the summer then the lows are projected to stay above 45.

If I'm somewhere where the weather is fickle and can change on a dime like the White Mountains I'll go with the 20 Burrow even in the summer.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL / WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WB Superfly/ HG CF
    Insulation
    HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoppie Slings
    I use a HG 0 degree burrow for winter and a 30 degree for spring,summer and fall

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy S
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG 0Burrow/Incubtr
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I added about 8 ounces of down to a Costco quilt and have been absolutely warm to just below 30* with no cold spots at all. So I'm not so sure being sewn through is that big a deal in a summer quilt. Unless you are maybe trying to use it well below its rating. Which I wouldn't do anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jottoh12 View Post
    I worry that a one season TQ would be totally inadequate below 40 or so and if 30 during the night...well...darn! I went for a HG Burrow 20 degree and it has a wide temperature range (15-55) yet does have a footbox I can open up. Every time I use it I am always grateful I did not go with a Burrow 40 yet I am a cold sleeper. If you do get a summer TQ, hopefully you can find one that is NOT sewn through construction (apex climashield?) as you would have some serious cold spots that your woolies might not be able to fend off in those cold temps. Good luck!

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I have several TQs. Which one I use depends on the low temps I expect to encounter.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Lots of good perspectives here. The one thing I will say about KAQ is that they are super warm. One thing I noticed in using synthetics from Paul is that the Climashield seems to just become a swamp in a warm environment, thus you almost have to give a bit more consideration to the temp ranges you use. So I can use a 20 degree down TQ in much warmer weather (50's) as it seems to breathe and adjust to the temps a but more, where as when I would use my husbands KAQ top quilt for the same temp I would roast out in no time when it got into the 30's and 40's. They are awesome products though.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7
    Tarp
    Edge w/doors
    Insulation
    UQ:CS 5 TQ:CS 7.5
    Suspension
    Webbing, buckles
    I have a DIY Climashield Apex 7.5 TQ which did well at the Linville Gorge hang in Feb. 2016. A couple of weekends ago in March, I used my full length DIY CS 5.0 UQ as my TQ and it worked very well. So I may be going with my true TQ in very cold weather and re-purpose my UQ as my TQ in warmer temps. I still have a 3/4 length CS 5.0 UQ as my goto UQ and can double with my full length UQ in very cold weather

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Flight jacket !!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast