Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogger View Post
    Well it looks the snow will leave next week. Going to go back for one last weekend, one more burn for the hot tent. Going up friday morning. See you there mark
    Doggger
    Great! I plan on being somewhere around the lower cabin, but things could change having never been there to know the trees. If you don't see me just yell

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    12' Trail Haven
    Insulation
    Greylock, EE Revel
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Thanks for adding to the TR Pantologist. I especially like your choice in background sound on the video...have to say I was surprised to see you fire up the Whisper lite from the hammock.

Hammock
    DIY,Speer,Tbird, JRB
    Tarp
    HG CF, MacCat, GG
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Speer,UGQ
    Suspension
    numerous, seasonal
    Images
    Nice addition to the report Pantologist. It was a good weekend for sure and hope to do it again with you.

I am adding a couple of pullouts to the hot tent on the long side for snow load, and a silnylon overfly to shed better when needed. I should have looked back at the thread sooner, I might have joined the guys for a last run/
    Life's A Journey
    It's not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body,
    But rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
    Woo Hoo!....What a Ride!

My PHOTOS

My VIDEOS

Quote Originally Posted by TZBrown View Post
    I should have looked back at the thread sooner, I might have joined the guys for a last run/
    I was thinking the same thing, but two weekend hall passes in the row probably won't go over too well at home. Looks like it should be a nice weekend to get in one last true winter trip before it all turns to mush.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0°
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Donk_67 View Post
    Thanks for adding to the TR Pantologist. I especially like your choice in background sound on the video...have to say I was surprised to see you fire up the Whisper lite from the hammock.
    I'm glad you noticed that Donk....lets just say i won't be doing it again! The stove priming really gives you a large flame for about 30-40 seconds or so and it just isn't worth the risk. I would do it with an alcohol stove but thats about it. Don't want to light myself on fire while in a burrito of a hammock! lol
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

-Mark Twain

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0°
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by TZBrown View Post
    Nice addition to the report Pantologist. It was a good weekend for sure and hope to do it again with you.

I am adding a couple of pullouts to the hot tent on the long side for snow load, and a silnylon overfly to shed better when needed. I should have looked back at the thread sooner, I might have joined the guys for a last run/
    Thanks TZ. I appreciate all the hospitality, knowledge, and good company. See you next time!
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

-Mark Twain

Hammock
    DIY Insulated 3.5 season
    Insulation
    Boreal Beast UQ
    Suspension
    Straps and rings .
    Dang that looked like a really good time . Im in the process of trying to get in better shape . Maybe Ill be able to make it next year . Geez I see Donk has some of those red plaid pants I covet too . I thought maybe he traded Dogger out of them . Yeah yeah I know it would take yards of material for me , but wait til you guys see then new Riverjoe lite .

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    12' Trail Haven
    Insulation
    Greylock, EE Revel
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by riverjoe View Post
    Dang that looked like a really good time . Im in the process of trying to get in better shape . Maybe Ill be able to make it next year . Geez I see Donk has some of those red plaid pants I covet too . I thought maybe he traded Dogger out of them . Yeah yeah I know it would take yards of material for me , but wait til you guys see then new Riverjoe lite .
    Looking forward to next year when I can stay the whole weekend. My plaid pants were a lucky find at a 2nd hand store my sister found for me :-) For what it's worth, I find the trek into GT easier than Carp Lake; longer, but with less elevation change. Hopefully there won't be logging trucks making the walk overtly icy next year.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123