Tarp
    Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies

New Blackbird XLC ordered today!

My first official hammock.

Been hanging a bit in my DIY - did last night as well in the basement. It was OK but I'm looking to step up my game. Everyone here has made so many good suggestions and I love my superfly tarp... so, pulled the trigger on a new Blackbird. I didn't get the Winter Topcover - I'll probably be kicking myself later about that - but got to start somewhere, right? If I enjoy it and the kids want to tag along, it gives me another reason to order another if i like it...

Hammock
    warbonnet of course
    Tarp
    sf
    brother im probably a slot or two ahead of you in line... and I did the same thing, except this is WB #3 for me. but i know im gonna be kicking myself about the topcover at some point.

Hammock
    WB BB-lefty-xlc & BB-normal
    Tarp
    WB Superfly,
    Insulation
    EE-Top,Yeti-Bottom
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie/Clip
    Quote Originally Posted by unicornv007 View Post
    My first official hammock....
    Congrats unicornv007!

I just bought my 2nd WBBB in a year...this one a "lefty" for tandem hanging with my wife's "righty" which puts us head to head with zippers facing each other... Looking forward to using it in the woods soon. I also opted out of the winter topcover...it just didn't seem to be the best solution for winter hammocking as the word out is that they cause a condensation problem for some...But can't really see winter hammocking anyway...Enjoy the WBBB! Never heard one person regret that choice...

Hammock
    WBBBXLC
    Tarp
    Hilleberg 10 UL
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Images
    As for condensation with winter cover; I have only used mine with that setup so far and had no problems at all. Can ofc be an individualistic issue, but compared to other full cover shelters it is a dream imho.

Hammock
    WB BB-lefty-xlc & BB-normal
    Tarp
    WB Superfly,
    Insulation
    EE-Top,Yeti-Bottom
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie/Clip
    Quote Originally Posted by Snusovic View Post
    ...Can ofc be an individualistic issue....
    Absolutely Snusovic...A lot of folks have no issue at all and love the cover...I'm sure it depends on the person in the hammock and the atmospheric conditions outside. Another great solution from Brandon...cheers!

Hammock
    10' 1.0 dh darien
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    Incu-Sniv-Pepper
    Suspension
    All of 'em
    Congrats, my XLC was my first 'real' hammock and I really liked it. After playing around with a few others, now I really love it. I did not realize how addicted I became to the gear shelf. I went with no cover too (for claustrophobic and/or paranoia reasons). I use the net in the cold, cuts the wind quite a bit and definitely feels warmer than with the net off.

Images
    Well I am in line behind you. Struggling with the purchase a bit. I've had a regular WBBB for a couple of years and love it. My wife has now commandeered it and I just ordered the XLC. At 6'0" everyone says this is the size to go with, I have just never had an issue in my old WBBB being too short. I am looking forward to the increased visibility in the side panels now.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7 / Vertex
    Tarp
    Superfly/Vertex
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    My first hammock was an XLC and I absolutely love it. When my wife comes with I take the vertex, its shorter and about half as comfortable, but a ton better than the ground. My sons want to start hammocking with me (11 & 13) and I think I will order 2 more XLC's, probably just not at the same time. I ordered mine with the top cover but haven't used it yet, only been down to 30 deg F, but i want to do some winter camping soon and will try it out.

Hammock
    WBBXLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator Burrow
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Well it looks like we will be keeping Brandon busy this week because I just ordered my xlc and superfly yesterday. I did go ahead and get the winter topcover.

Images
    Mine came in over the weekend while I was hanging in an old Wilderness Logics hammock, my son commandeered the WBBB up at Cheaha. Got back Tuesday, hung it in the yard, all concerns disappeared. Hard to believe but man the XLC is like laying on a cloud made of kittens. I am very happy now. Think I need some new quilts to round it out.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast