Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 and XLC
    Tarp
    wb superfly
    Insulation
    DD UQ, Incubator 0
    Suspension
    wb webbing

VERTEX WITH WEATHERSHIELD By Clark

So my wife fell in love with the idea of hammock camping after she tried my WBB XLC last summer, it even beat out the camper bed! But now she wants me to find a hammock that we can both share, two person hammock. Well we would probably be sharing this slumber with our 2 year old. But the best looking option I can find is the VERTEX WITH WEATHERSHIELD from Clark. All the specs seem good. Does anyone have any experience in this particular hammock? Or does anyone know if Clark has a test run option? I'm nervous to spend that much money and not sleep well. Any thoughts or opinions on the hammock?

Banned
    Images
    http://theultimatehang.com/2014/08/f...ertex-hammock/

Found that. Sounds like a nice setup. I have never even seen one.
    I got in a ticket to the moon "mammock" once . I think two people could be comfy in that. Cozy too lol

Hammock
    DIY Bananahammock
    Tarp
    Dutch Duo
    Insulation
    DIY / HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Kevlar & UCR
    i have slept in it. There's a learning curve to setting it up, but after just a couple of attempts you will know what you are doing. Many people switch out the cordage for whoopie slings. This hammock is very spacious! It's nice to be able to kiss your wife goodnight too. I used the z-liner underquilts and was very warm at freezing temps but this was a bulky setup. I would recommend not buying Z-liners. Also, it's a tad short and not good for people over 6 feet.
    Get lost in the woods and find yourself again. A vacation,to me, is working with your hands and surviving because of the fruits of your labor. In the business world I teach;in the natural world I learn.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 and XLC
    Tarp
    wb superfly
    Insulation
    DD UQ, Incubator 0
    Suspension
    wb webbing
    Thanks for the help guys, Banana- would you not buy the Z-liners because they are bulky to carry in the same pack, or because they aren't needed or there is a better option?

Hammock
    DIY Bananahammock
    Tarp
    Dutch Duo
    Insulation
    DIY / HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Kevlar & UCR
    I wouldn't buy because they are too bulky and they are only rated to freezing. I'd prefer a regular 20 degree so I can hit more temps. However I never tried another quilt on it so I can't speak to how well it works. The vertex has Velcro on it and is designed to be a perfect match with Z-liners, and it is. I just couldn't see myself using them except in car camping. Also when it gets hot, I can slide an underquilt off, but not a z-liner. In warm temps, you will just have to deal with it.
    Get lost in the woods and find yourself again. A vacation,to me, is working with your hands and surviving because of the fruits of your labor. In the business world I teach;in the natural world I learn.

I have a Vertex and also the Z liners. I'm gonna say get the Z liners, they really aren't that bad size wise, and the velcro makes them a perfect fit. They are not as warm as my HG Incubator 20, but I'm not sure how good it would fit the Vertex either. I suppose if you really tighten up the shock cords it sit ok, but there is no way to adjust the inside part of the underquilt, which is why the velcro works so well. Like others have said, if you're tall, you may be cramped as the hammock beds are not the biggest in the world. It's not as comfy as the Hammeck or custom Dutch I have, but it's a small sacrifice to be next to you're wife as if in a tent. Love the center compartments too.
    good luck, J
    Clarke Vertex with Z liners, Hammeck Envy S with Incubator 20*
    Custom Dutch Hammock 12' x 6' Double Hyper D ! My current daily sleep system !
    Custom SLD Tree Runner Double Hexon 12' x 6' Loco Libre 20* set
    SLD Tree Runner 12'

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7 / Vertex
    Tarp
    Superfly/Vertex
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I have a vertex and just want to tell you, if you have questions give them a call...great and helpful people over there. I upgraded my suspension to whoopies, and it is a learning curve on set up the first time. Im 6'2" and it is a little to short for me, but I deal with it for not having to go back to the ground when with my wife. I did not get the z-liners but did get the tarp. I use the same underquilt from my WBBB XLC, for the other side I borrow my brothers UQ (same diy build as mine) my wife is going to sew up a down quilt that attaches to the velcro on the vertex this spring however.

Hammock
    NX-250
    My wife and I switched from full time sleeping in our NX250s to the Vertex for about 3 months. Comfy for us, and the cat enjoyed the middle. I'm 5'8'', my wife is 5'6''.

Hammock
    Snep Hammock, about 12 DIY's, etc.
    Tarp
    OneTigris Tiegman
    Insulation
    HG & HangTight
    Suspension
    Varies
    I'm 6'2, no problem with my Vertex and zliners. If they get hot just put a small inch-worm (can't think of a better description) when you put the liners on and it will vent.
    I did my review of the 2 on here.
    At around 85 nights and 45+ trips you likely couldn't tell them from new so the quality easily justifies the price to me. Enough so I just ordered the NX-270 for solo runs.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...Z-liner-review

• + New Posts