DIY Argon 11ft
    Tarp
    DIY xenon 12'
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield5.4
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    One thing that I always have with me that is light and multi purpose is a footprint/ground tarp. I love having this with me and have not been on many trips without it. It is great to have a place to put all your gear and a place to stand while getting in and out of the hammock.

Hammock
    11' 1.6 Hexon
    Tarp
    D.I.Y. 12' winter
    Insulation
    cool weather
    Suspension
    Poly. S.S. Beckett
    Images
    I have a 9 volt battery 6 led flashlight that is always in my watch pocket. The battery lasts over a year of heavy use. Bright enough to set on the ground and take care of night business if needed.

I can't camp over night without my UCO candle lantern with beeswax candles. I know it keeps the boogie men away, depending on the weather HEAT too !

Third thing is my Hiker Pro. Though the sawyer is looking real good right now. Katadyn was the only reliable filter back in the day!!

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    I recently started taking a pair of these "garden gloves". Perfect for handling firewood. My hands are always dry and cracking, so these are great if I'm doing a lot of carrying/breaking/sawing. About $2/pair! They only weigh 1.5oz.

https://www.amazon.com/Wells-Lamont-.../dp/B00P10U40K

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB SF and WL TP
    Insulation
    UGQ & HG
    Suspension
    multiple
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    I recently started taking a pair of these "garden gloves". Perfect for handling firewood. My hands are always dry and cracking, so these are great if I'm doing a lot of carrying/breaking/sawing. About $2/pair! They only weigh 1.5oz.

https://www.amazon.com/Wells-Lamont-.../dp/B00P10U40K
    I bring a similar pair for handling firewood as well. I have a long history of tearing up my hands when breaking up firewood, so the gloves have been nice to prevent cuts and other abrasions. Also good for keeping the pine sap off my hands. That stuff is a nightmare to wash off, especially when you don't bring any soap.
    Scarecrow on Instagram

"If somebody tells you there's a rule, break it. That's the only thing that moves things forward."
    -Hans Zimmer

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    sometimes I bring those led fake tea lamps they sell at the craft store----looks like a candle when it is on, but you can put it in your hammock! Also, the folding sit pad dutch sells is always in my pack!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Chillax Double, Homemade Ripstop
    Tarp
    DIY 2mil Cat Cut
    Insulation
    DIY Underquilt
    I bought a Traveler box of coffee from Starbucks. When the coffee was gone I got rid of the box, took out the bladder, washed it out and folded it up. It packs down ultra small and ultra light but it will hold 2 gallons of water. It saved my butt when there is potable water farther than I want to walk often.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Mamajama
    Insulation
    Burrow / Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutmaster405 View Post
    I bought a Traveler box of coffee from Starbucks. When the coffee was gone I got rid of the box, took out the bladder, washed it out and folded it up. It packs down ultra small and ultra light but it will hold 2 gallons of water. It saved my butt when there is potable water farther than I want to walk often.
    I will have to remember that one. We get those from time to time. It would be nice to keep one of those on hand.

Hammock
    ENO single
    Tarp
    Eno ProFly
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix and War
    Suspension
    Atlas straps
    Quote Originally Posted by tbates92 View Post
    One thing that I always have with me that is light and multi purpose is a footprint/ground tarp. I love having this with me and have not been on many trips without it. It is great to have a place to put all your gear and a place to stand while getting in and out of the hammock.
    ^ this. Ground cloth is one I have only recently added. It makes a great place for the dog to lay out of the dirt as well. and a place to sit and cook. and a place to let feet air out. and it is just awesome all the way around. I will gladly deal with the added weight for the luxury of it.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    Dutch Xenon Hex
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/ EE
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I bring a similar pair for handling firewood as well. I have a long history of tearing up my hands when breaking up firewood, so the gloves have been nice to prevent cuts and other abrasions. Also good for keeping the pine sap off my hands. That stuff is a nightmare to wash off, especially when you don't bring any soap.
    Not to mention all of the potential insects etc that are on the wood. Mainly ticks.

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss No See Um No More
    Tarp
    BCUSA Coyote 10x10
    Insulation
    USMC Poncho Liner
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I like to bring somebody to cook for me. I don't mind carrying good food, but I enjoy it much better when someone else cooks it!
    Yeah, my wife does the same thing.
    Palmetto State Hangers Facebook Group

Last Hang Attended 2013 Fall Sprawl Trip Report

Next Hang To Attend 2014 Spring Swing

I can only afford to live free.
    Anything else cost far too much.

• + New Posts
  • Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast