Hammock
    Half-Wit by Dutch
    Tarp
    HG Cuben with Door
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopies
    You bet, anytime. The trail is pretty well marked as I remember, but just after you cross the creek a lot of people want to follow the trail that leads off to the left, instead just stay straight or slightly right and you will see the campsite just off the trail.

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG dyneema/MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    I am planning on taking a small group from Nashville the weekend of March 12th & 13th. Weather and rain fall may dictate changes, but tentative plan is to hike from Borden Trailhead on #200 down one side (or the other side) of Borden Creek, then up the Sipsey Fork ("River") on #209, camp somewhere, then on up the Sipsey and out to the Thompson Trailhead on #206.

I have never been to the Sipsey Wilderness and I'd love to hear how your hike goes!
    "You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." --Harriet Woods

http://www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post

I have never been to the Sipsey Wilderness and I'd love to hear how your hike goes!
    I'll definitely post at minimum a description of what we find and where we go. I hope to get a video out as well. All depends on the other folks going. It's really their trip and I am just glommimg onto it because they're good friends and will let me do that.

I'm passing along all these hints, suggestions and data. Every 3-4 hours I get another email with a different proposed route. 😊 I have no idea at this point what we'll decide in the end. I just know it'll be fun.
    "...the height of hammock snobbery!"

Hammock
    Homemade &Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    Arrow Head
    Insulation
    Arrow Head UQ EE T
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    Was out on 200 Saturday. Ditches are muddy but not too bad. The Christmas flood changed the whole dynamics of the trail. Some parts that were easy are not so much now. Thompson (206) and Borden loop will get you the best of the Sipsey in 1 trip. I live about 45 minutes from the Sipsey so as impending trips approach I could go out and do a trail check for anyone that is unfamiliar with the area.

Hammock
    Homemade &Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    Arrow Head
    Insulation
    Arrow Head UQ EE T
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    Was out on 200 Saturday. Ditches are muddy but not too bad. The Christmas flood changed the whole dynamics of the trail. Some parts that were easy are not so much now. Thompson (206) and Borden loop will get you the best of the Sipsey in 1 trip. I live about 45 minutes from the Sipsey so as impending trips approach I could go out and do a trail check for anyone that is unfamiliar with the area.

Abbreviated trip report : parked and hiked in at Thompson trailhead. Took 206 to Ship Rock and stayed Fri nite.

Lazed and explored Saturday morning. The rest of my party stayed at ship rock again Saturday, but I elected to try for Bee Branch Falls and the big tree after lunch. Despite wonderful people met on the trail full of directions and good advice, I didn't make it. I had a self imposed time deadline and when I passed the deadline without reaching the falls I turned back. That part of the trail was very difficult with lots of downed trees. Since I was alone and unsure how far away I still was, I chose to leave it for another day.

I camped alone somewhere on the Sipsey river along 209 and hooked up with my friends as arranged at ship rock this morning.

I met so many nice people this weekend. Sipsey was an absolute joy as a trip. I'll be back. Pics and a video when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by sidneyhornblower View Post
    Pics and a video when I get home.
    uploadfromtaptalk1456695857690.jpg

And if I did it correctly, here's a photo of my comfy hang Saturday night.

Tarp
    DIY, Kelty Noah
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge
    We plan to be there at the same time doing basically the same thing (minus the thompson departure). Originally we were planning to cross Borden Creek from 200 to 209 but the weather may prohibit that. If that's the case we're thinking about doing the west side of borden creek to 209. Should be interesting considering the weather coming later this week.

GET OUT THE PONCHOS!!!

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7/Mtn wilderness
    Tarp
    Mountain Wildernes
    Insulation
    WL tq HYOH uq
    Suspension
    WB straps
    Gonna be muddy if we get a lot of rain.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12