Cool Hello from Ogden, UT!

Hello to all my fellow hangers! I've been camping my whole life, have loved it all this time, but last year I was introduced to hammock camping, and it pulled me in fast. I love it! I've never slept better than when I'm in my hammock.

I currently use a Grand Trunk double hammock, as does my wife. I had some Christmas money to spend this past holiday and bought myself a Selk'bag for when I go camping again this year. (I'm honestly struggling to wait until the weather gets warmer. My wife is fed up with me sighing and wishing I was out camping.)

I love that there's a whole community of us here, and I hope to learn much from all of you! The more I know, the more I'll be able to enjoy hanging, right?

Are there any tips you can give, off hand, to a relative newbie hanger? I got a copy of "The Ultimate Hang" for Christmas, and I've read through it three times now, but I'm always up for learning more.

Bryson

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Welcome neighbor.

Getting to be a lot of folks along the Wasatch Front around here. There have been some talks of a Utah get together (hang) but not much has materialized. I try to host a few hangs and backpacking trips each year up my way...the big on in early September in the Sawtooths. Still trying to sort out the plans for if for this year but we do a long weekend right after labor day.

Cheers,

Paul @ AHE
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Dream Hammock- 10' Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG 20*Burrow/Incub
    Suspension
    Straps/Carabiners
    Images
    Howdy, and welcome from Texas..
    If you don't like today,,you are gonna hate tomorrow.

Hammock
    Custom Dutch 8'x4'
    Tarp
    MYOG Cuben Asym
    Insulation
    WM Everlite pod
    Suspension
    Simply 7/64
    Welcome. I am from just over the NV here in Great Basin National park. Liven in SLC for a long time. Lots of good hang spots in that range.

• + New Posts