WBBB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incu/Burrow 20*
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles

Hanging out in South Dakota

Hello all, my name is Brandon, I'm a Navy vet and I'm long winded. I'm relatively new to Hanging, but I've been doing the whole product review thing for months. I became interesting in hanging as an alternative bedding method to tents, which I've always thought kind of sucked, in response to my love and desire to go kayaking on longer touring trips. In a kayak, bulk is more important than weight and a hanging setup, everything included, is about as bulky as the tent I own, and that doesn't include the sleeping bag and pad or anything, and also all the hanging gear is nice and fluffy, without any rigid parts which makes it that much more of a godsend to pack in the boat. Anyway, I got word that a friend of mine had a hammock that he was willing to let me borrow for a weekend to try it out. In all honesty, it was terrible, and I ended up crawling into the tent with my girlfriend in the middle of the night both nights, but the problem was that I was way too cold because I didn't have the proper padding/ quilt. However, I didn't let that experience dissuade me, and instead decided to make my current purchases. I've got my hammock up in the garage and spend hours out in it often, while I wait for a weekend that I can convince someone to go with me. I hope that I have learned enough from other people's recommendations that I don't make too many mistakes and can enjoy my hammock to it's fullest extent, and I'm hoping to be able to pass on things I've learned and will learn to other people, by word-of-mouth, reviews, and videos.

My Current Set-up:
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC 1.7 DL webbing/buckles
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Hammock Gear Incubator 20* standard
    Hammock Gear Burrow 20* Snaps standard
    ~Add-ons: Dutch flyz, Dutch Clips, Quilt Hangers, Aluminum Y-stakes, WBBB topcover, yellow Zing-it

Hammock
    11' Dutch 2.4 Hexon
    Insulation
    Yukon Outfitters
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Hello from Iowa! Thank you for your service!

Your setup looks good. I think you will like the HG underquilt and topquilt. The temperature difference using an UQ and TQ will be night and day. Shug has several videos on Youtube to help you with your quilts to ensure you are getting the most out of them.

Welcome!
    -Jason-

The Beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota
    Hammock
    WARBONNET 1.1 DOUBLE, DIY BRIDGE
    Tarp
    DIY ARGON CAMO/BMJ
    Insulation
    DIY DOWN TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    STRAPS/BUCKLES
    welcome from the west side of the state

boot
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. ~Bill Watterson

Hammock
    12' arrowhead
    Tarp
    Nube'
    Insulation
    SMr inferno set
    Images
    Welcome from Missoury. Nice setup using down in a kayak be sure to use dry bags for storage plus set up as early as possible to allow it to air. Condesation build up in water tight compartments is enough to make you cold other wise. Hope you enjoy your new setup. I sure do letting my canoe or kayak doing all the heavy packing.
    A canoe or trike to do most of the hauling.
    A hammock to take away the bumps at night.
    Now that's the way to go.

• + New Posts