Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Katdaddy View Post
    Is that an RV I see in one of those pics??
    It's a travel trailer someone parked there for a few days.

Images
    Wow, haven't been too active on the forum for a bit and I almost missed seeing this. Looking right now like the timing will work out for me and Noah to make this but I need to clear the schedule with the spousal unit. I'll let you know when I know. Would be a nice break trip before the section hike in May. There will be kilts so wear 'em if ya got 'em.

Let's try and bring some better joke material this trip. I know mine last time was atrocious. Committing to do better and be better. If we're there, we'll be happy to bring some *HATE to the table for Saturday night's meal offering.

*HATE is short for the camp meal known as Hate Beans. Also known as More Pork Than Beans. A gratuitous concoction of multiple formats of pork and about 5 to 6 different types of beans. Known to generate propulsive emissions in some (Waaaayne) and eye rolling gastronomic delirium in almost all. At no time does this author/hanger/chief cook and bottle washer endorse HATE in it's more commonly known form or definition.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDaddy View Post
    Wow, haven't been too active on the forum for a bit and I almost missed seeing this. Looking right now like the timing will work out for me and Noah to make this but I need to clear the schedule with the spousal unit. I'll let you know when I know. Would be a nice break trip before the section hike in May. There will be kilts so wear 'em if ya got 'em.

Let's try and bring some better joke material this trip. I know mine last time was atrocious. Committing to do better and be better. If we're there, we'll be happy to bring some *HATE to the table for Saturday night's meal offering.

*HATE is short for the camp meal known as Hate Beans. Also known as More Pork Than Beans. A gratuitous concoction of multiple formats of pork and about 5 to 6 different types of beans. Known to generate propulsive emissions in some (Waaaayne) and eye rolling gastronomic delirium in almost all. At no time does this author/hanger/chief cook and bottle washer endorse HATE in it's more commonly known form or definition.
    Yaay! Glad to hear that y'all might come. I thought you were ignoring us. And your brand of "Hate" is always welcome. I'll bring the stove, Scoops, and bowls, utensils etc.

It may be just me and a pup this time. Not sure about Max-might have to check him out of school. Jackson can't come, he has a job.

"Yes, BeBop : That IS a man in a skirt! Bite his ankles!" Lordofthechickenwings

Hammock
    Dutch 11 PolyD; Junglenest
    Tarp
    HG; ENO
    Insulation
    HG; Jacks R Better
    Suspension
    numerous, seasonal
    Images
    I have some good news. Our single daughter and possibly a grandson will join Wanda and I. She is on the heavy side, so we will need help finding a couple of stout trees. She also stated she would have to see at least five previous tax returns, if you know what I mean. Here is a picture from our hang at Dockery Lake, Georgia, last year.

Tammy Selfie.jpg

Hammock
    Dutch Half Wit
    Tarp
    Squidbilly 1000
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    adj web, whoopies
    Images
    Yay! I'm getting excited about all the new faces! Welcome! I was out in the Sipsey this weekend. Trail 209 has been totally changed since the Christmas Day flood, but the area is still beautiful.
    "There's not much of a learning curve with a tent. Lay on the ground and suffer; repeat as often as necessary." - Silvrsurfr

http://jnunniv.wordpress.com

Images
    The boy has a band trip that weekend in Atlanta. He will not be able to go with me. I really want to make this. Checked with my best back up, Bringerofgame and he is a no go as well. Curses, foiled again.

So I guess I'm putting out a first come first serve call to central MS hangers. If there is someone in the Metroplex who wants to go to the Sipsey hang that weekend, hit me up with a PM asap riki-tick. I got room for one male and gear in the Jeep. I'll drive and you can enjoy. Help on gas is appreciated but not a requirement for going. I plan to leave Jackson at straight up noon at the very latest, 1100 at the earliest.
    Sorry, will not transport female as a) I'm married, 2) I'd like to stay married and z) the PO won't let me transport across state lines....anymore. (this would be where Squidbilly or Jnunniv would pipe up and say about my kilt, only one skirt in the Jeep at a time). Just as funny when I hand them the jokes up front. Just sayin'. There's bound to be someone out there who has dreamed of a Sipsey trip and just been too afraid to hang out solo.

Hammock
    Dutch Half Wit
    Tarp
    Squidbilly 1000
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    adj web, whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDaddy View Post
    this would be where Squidbilly or Jnunniv would pipe up and say about my kilt, only one skirt in the Jeep at a time ). Just as funny when I hand them the jokes up front. Just sayin'. :
    Taking all the fun out of it, but well played.
    "There's not much of a learning curve with a tent. Lay on the ground and suffer; repeat as often as necessary." - Silvrsurfr

http://jnunniv.wordpress.com

Hammock
    Autumn Ultralight,Walhalla, SMr
    Tarp
    Walhalla, SMr
    Insulation
    SMR Inferno, Puffl
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    I made my first group hang at Kisatchie this year and I am considering attending this one also. I have never been to Sipsey and it looks nice. As long as a Cajun from NOLA is welcome. I may need a little help with the directions to get there.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    DIY
    Images

Hammock
    Dutchwear Hexon 2.4
    Tarp
    KeltyNoah12
    Insulation
    HGIncub20UQ MH20TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    I'm really hoping to make it to this and meet all you fine folks. I had shoulder surgery on Thursday and don't know if I'll be able to lay in a hammock by then. Since it's car camping, I could bring my pad and stuff in case I need to go to ground though. I'm just in limbo about it for now. I hope I can make it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast