Hammock
    Wbrr
    Tarp
    Noahs 12
    Insulation
    New river uq
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Gonna try to make it with my two boys . They seen the rock shelters online and want to go see them . Any volunteer guides out there .

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Campalot View Post
    Gonna try to make it with my two boys . They seen the rock shelters online and want to go see them . Any volunteer guides out there .
    That would be cool if you could bring them this trip! I'm sure we can show them some sights.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx/burrow
    Suspension
    Woopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Campalot View Post
    There are several that know the area very well, a few that come to mind; Squidbilly, Bankheadboy, and Jununniv.

Hammock
    Dutch Half Wit
    Tarp
    Squidbilly 1000
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    adj web, whoopies
    Images
    We always go someplace interesting. You won't be disappointed!
    "There's not much of a learning curve with a tent. Lay on the ground and suffer; repeat as often as necessary." - Silvrsurfr

http://jnunniv.wordpress.com

Hammock
    DIY - Gathered end, double layered
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    It is getting closer....

Hopefully my busted toe will be fully healed by then... I figure it will.

I'm really looking forward to this.

Hammock
    Dutch 11 PolyD; Junglenest
    Tarp
    HG; ENO
    Insulation
    HG; Jacks R Better
    Suspension
    numerous, seasonal
    Images
    Ok, I got Friday off and Wanda and I will be there mid day on Friday. This will be our first hang with any group and we are looking forward to it. Anything special we need to know?

Hammock
    Dutch Half Wit
    Tarp
    Squidbilly 1000
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    adj web, whoopies
    Images
    Not really since this is car camping. The hardest part is finding that last turn into the campground off Canal Road.
    Last edited by Bad Biscuit; 03-16-2016 at 19:41.
    "There's not much of a learning curve with a tent. Lay on the ground and suffer; repeat as often as necessary." - Silvrsurfr

http://jnunniv.wordpress.com

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by abatis49 View Post
    Ok, I got Friday off and Wanda and I will be there mid day on Friday. This will be our first hang with any group and we are looking forward to it. Anything special we need to know?
    photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMMTn59BCjhAViW0ymyPtDjVph3-VzRmy2wLMiuzdbYjO-GipHJgpfBTQeokY1tfg?key=cHRSUU9XcVQ5dkRJMnhNSHRNOX Z0a3JLbnZqZ0lR
    A few pictures of the camp and the small sign on Cranal Road.

I guess you're wondering what to expect since this is your first group hang. Well, this is just a simple hammock hanging week-end camping trip. We usually start arriving Friday afternoon/evening, have dinner around the campfire, tell stories/lies/etc., and plan a hike for Saturday. Dinner Friday is whatever you bring. Where to hike usually depends on how many are hiking and what they want to see. If we have more than ten hikers we divide into two groups and do more than one destination. Saturday nights I've been cooking a big pot of chili for everyone. This is not one of the big group hangs where there are multiple organized activities. No prizes, (except getting to hang out with us in the SWA), no gear raffles, although we almost had a gear swap last time! If you have gear you can part with, bring it : you may sell or trade it. It's just a primitive camp in the woods, although you can drive right up to your campsite. Bring whatever you think you will need, plus plenty of water.

Glad y'all are coming!

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx/burrow
    Suspension
    Woopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by squidbilly View Post
    photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMMTn59BCjhAViW0ymyPtDjVph3-VzRmy2wLMiuzdbYjO-GipHJgpfBTQeokY1tfg?key=cHRSUU9XcVQ5dkRJMnhNSHRNOX Z0a3JLbnZqZ0lR

I guess you're wondering what to expect since this is your first group hang. Well, this is just a simple hammock hanging week-end camping trip. We usually start arriving Friday afternoon/evening, have dinner around the campfire, tell stories/lies/etc., and plan a hike for Saturday. Dinner Friday is whatever you bring. Where to hike usually depends on how many are hiking and what they want to see. If we have more than ten hikers we divide into two groups and do more than one destination. Saturday nights I've been cooking a big pot of chili for everyone. This is not one of the big group hangs where there are multiple organized activities. No prizes, (except getting to hang out with us in the SWA), no gear raffles, although we almost had a gear swap last time! If you have gear you can part with, bring it : you may sell or trade it. It's just a primitive camp in the woods, although you can drive right up to your campsite. Bring whatever you think you will need, plus plenty of water.

Glad y'all are coming!
    Don't forget about the jokes around the campfire. I'll be bringing a couple of friends that are new to hammock camping. Austin will be interested in hanging with his friends, hopefully they will make it. He is also excited about meeting some new ones too.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock DangerBird
    Tarp
    MWG Green Monster
    Insulation
    Golite/UGQ Zep
    Quote Originally Posted by squidbilly View Post

Glad y'all are coming!
    Is that an RV I see in one of those pics??

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast