Dutch net less wide
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20's / SLD TW
    Suspension
    Straps/no harware

Tablecloth revisited

I think i might go back to using my 60"x 126" crinkle taffeta hammock for back packing. I got bored today and decided to go through all my different hammocks, and out of the three different Dutch hammocks that i have for camping, the tablecloth was noticeably more comfy. Not sure if its the fabric, or the two extra inches of width vs my dutch hammocks. I weighed the tablecloth and an 11' nylon D and the nylonD came in 4 ounces lighter, but i think the extra comfort will be worth it. Anybody else go back to their tablecloth hammock after trying others?

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I still use my tablecloth hammocks for car camping but I usually carry my Dutch PolyD 1.4 for hiking. I find both hammocks to be comfortable - I would just rather leave the weight at home when hiking.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Dutch net less wide
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20's / SLD TW
    Suspension
    Straps/no harware
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I still use my tablecloth hammocks for car camping but I usually carry my Dutch PolyD 1.4 for hiking. I find both hammocks to be comfortable - I would just rather leave the weight at home when hiking.
    Yea i really dont want to add anymore weight, but im thinking the comfort will be worth it. besides, im sure i can shave 4 oz somewhere else. Do you find the 60" of width on the tablecloth to be more comfortable than the 58" PolyD?

Hammock
    DIY Bananahammock
    Tarp
    Dutch Duo
    Insulation
    DIY / HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Kevlar & UCR
    I backpack with mine. I also love the tablecloth hammock! It is the most comfy I've used out of Hennessy, Warbonnet, DIY PolyD, cheap stansport nylon, and Eno.
    Get lost in the woods and find yourself again. A vacation,to me, is working with your hands and surviving because of the fruits of your labor. In the business world I teach;in the natural world I learn.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Jarbidge/New River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by chromedome View Post
    I think i might go back to using my 60"x 126" crinkle taffeta hammock for back packing. I got bored today and decided to go through all my different hammocks, and out of the three different Dutch hammocks that i have for camping, the tablecloth was noticeably more comfy. Not sure if its the fabric, or the two extra inches of width vs my dutch hammocks. I weighed the tablecloth and an 11' nylon D and the nylonD came in 4 ounces lighter, but i think the extra comfort will be worth it. Anybody else go back to their tablecloth hammock after trying others?
    Started with a Hennessy but started making the DIY table cloth hammocks and find them yet most comfortable. Plus if I find someone curious about hammocks I can just make them one to use. Enjoy sharing the fun.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chromedome View Post
    Yea i really dont want to add anymore weight, but im thinking the comfort will be worth it. besides, im sure i can shave 4 oz somewhere else. Do you find the 60" of width on the tablecloth to be more comfortable than the 58" PolyD?
    I can't say I've noticed any difference. They're about equal in comfort. I personally love the no-stretch of polyester. I wish Dutch still sold the PolyD 1.4 since it's a great product.

I have a BIAS Hiker Lite polyester hammock that is 55" wide, and I just don't use it anymore. It's just not wide enough and my feet pop out.
    Last edited by SilvrSurfr; 02-10-2016 at 22:20.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    My Wife's Tablecloth
    In my house we have 3 in use ever night. I have been in mine for the last 7 months.

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings

Tablecloth revisited

My 90x132 poly tablecloth is my favorite hammock. Talk about getting flat! Unfortunately it weighs 28 ounces with suspension. My hexon 1.6 from Dutch with the same suspension is about 15 ounces...

So it hangs on the porch and in the yard.
    Keith

Hammock
    Dutch net less wide
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20's / SLD TW
    Suspension
    Straps/no harware
    My 90 x 132 is my most comfortable hammock also. Sucker is huge.

Small world, I also have a fair number of hammocks, each very comfortable, and each has a forever home, but for whatever reason I hung my 60X126 table cloth hammock for my every nighter some while back and enjoy waking up in it every morning. I never take it on hangs or hikes except as a day/lounger hammock, but at home it rocks. Having said this I will likely change out soon, we are never satisfied are we?
    If you prepare for failure you will probably succeed.

• + New Posts