I got the newest version of the Warbonnet Travel Sock about a month or so ago. They may be found here:
http://www.warbonnetoutdoors.com/pro...r-accessories/

There is no more velcro-type material. It now has a simple slit at the ends that is held closed by the weight of the sock itself.

I clipped it right to my cinch buckle of my WB Traveler Hammock with a small S-biner that I already had. It is perfect with just the right amount of tension to rest on my hammock's ridge line. This is one of the huge benefits of getting all your components from one house --> it all fits like they were meant to be

You can leave it connected to the hammock and pack everything in the large stuff sack that came with the sock. It appears that they meant to give you extra room in that sack in order to do so. You could thus store and put the thing up already "assembled" and simply hook in your UQ after set up. You do not need to thread your hammock's suspension through the ends of the sock every single time you use it. In a way, it is also like a storage snake skin, or "pig", because you could leave all your sleeping gear/UQ assembled, zip it all up attached and within the Travel sock, and put it away like that.

The simple crescent shaped zipper design is deceptive in that it works ridiculously well. It allows venting at the "top" or near your head to the "side" but still opens completely to essentially provide a half cover that is extremely open and provides near total sock-less access to your hammock - like there was no sock at all but with protection from the wind on one side.

Open.

Closed.

With the sock, I can get away with using a smaller overhead tarp or even a poncho. Aesthetically, I really appreciate how much less of a "visual footprint" a winter sock consumes as opposed to the large, exclusionary enclosure that large tarps commandeer. Using a winter/wind sock as opposed to a tarp (though they can be used together) is really like using a bivy bag or bed roll when on the ground.

This is now a necessary part of my winter hammock gear.