System Efficient Stow Away

What's the easiest way to stow away my whole system: fronkey, uq, dutch hammock, superfly, stakes, and I'm deciding if I want to use on the tarp worms or stingerz/fleaz. Can I pack those with the tarp? Pack the tarp in a snakeskin? Or just stuff it in a double ended stuff sack with everything? Can I just stuff my Shamu UQ (16oz) in with everything too? Use a continuous ridegline for the tarp?

What superfly snakeskins would you recommend if that's the route I should take? And double ended stuff sack of the one from dutch is too small? Worms/stingerz/fleaz for the tieouts to the stakes? Will I need to get uq hooks or anything to finalize my setup, reflective chord? Thanks!

Hammock
    WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip
    Ok that is a lot of questions. Let's see if I can help any. Of course when others chime in they will give you answers that work for THEM. they may not work for you.

For the superfly, I use Stingerz for the suspension to the trees. I find for me they work well. As to the guyouts, I use a knot called the Valadian Tresse'. I have a knot background in arborculter so that works for me in all weather and temp.
    For the snakeskin I use a mesh nanoseeum snakeskin that encompasses the whole thing, then I put it in a single end stuff sack.

As to the hammock and bugnet , it goes in it's own stuff sack.

Everything else gets shoved into the bottom of a large dry sack/pack liner.
    Husband, Father, and Friend.
    Scout Master and Cub Master for Troop/Pack 705 of
    Chesterfield

Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I'm assuming you're asking about how to stow everything in your backpack. I normally just stuff my UQ/TQ into a trash bag liner which goes at the bottom of the pack. Hammock and bug net go into their own stuff sacks and get thrown in with the quilts. Tent stakes go on the outside of the pack. Depending on the weather, tarp is either on the top of the pack or outside with the stakes. Snake skins versus stuff sack is honestly personal preference. I prefer a stuff sack. Experiment with both and see which one you like better. I try to stay away from hardware since it just adds weight and most things people use hardware for I can do with knots. Again that's just personal preference. If you're interested in quilt hooks, check out Dutch's ridgeline hooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthauk View Post
    For the snakeskin I use a mesh nanoseeum snakeskin that encompasses the whole thing, then I put it in a single end stuff sack.
    Where do you order those snakeskins?

Are UQ hooks necessary?

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by comfyHanger View Post
    What's the easiest way to stow away my whole system: fronkey, uq, dutch hammock, superfly, stakes, and I'm deciding if I want to use on the tarp worms or stingerz/fleaz. Can I pack those with the tarp? Pack the tarp in a snakeskin? Or just stuff it in a double ended stuff sack with everything? Can I just stuff my Shamu UQ (16oz) in with everything too? Use a continuous ridegline for the tarp?

What superfly snakeskins would you recommend if that's the route I should take? And double ended stuff sack of the one from dutch is too small? Worms/stingerz/fleaz for the tieouts to the stakes? Will I need to get uq hooks or anything to finalize my setup, reflective chord? Thanks!
    That's a boatload of questions. I wouldn't pack anything with the tarp - it's often going to be wet and no reason everything else should get wet. Snakeskins work well for the tarp. I have a CF stuff sack for my tarp, and stuff sacks for the bugnet, hammock, and a CF stuff sack for the quilts. I don't use worms, stingers or fleaz, though I do have a Wasp and dutch hook for the tarp. I have never tried quilt hooks - they don't seem necessary to me. If reflective cord blows your skirt up, go for it. I've never felt the need.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip
    Quote Originally Posted by comfyHanger View Post
    Where do you order those snakeskins?
    I believe you might be able to order them from mountainlaureldesigns.com. I made my own.
    Husband, Father, and Friend.
    Scout Master and Cub Master for Troop/Pack 705 of
    Chesterfield

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    If you watch Shug's How to for noobs series, it helps a lot to see what kind of gear is used and how to pack it. Also, there are a lot of packpack loads for wet hikes, cool hikes, cold and wet, extreme cold, day hikes, multi day hikes, etc. on Youtube that will help.

These are starter videos with a lot of information that help in a whole lot of your questions and give you the confidence to make your own setup. Of course, after these videos, your questions will be better and the responses will make better sense.

Welcome to the hammock life.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Goose bumps
    Suspension
    Bat Feet
    My entire hammock rig (hammock, top and bottom quilts, UQP) gets cinched up in the Fronkey style bug net.

And goes into a 30L Granite Gear compression sack that fits into my pack.

The tarp is packed into the outside of the pack inside the snake skin.

Sounds like this could work well for you, at least regarding getting your hammock setup packed up efficiently:
    http://wildernesslogics.com/THE-LAZY...-Lazy-Slug.htm

• + New Posts