Thanks for this! I'm doing the same with the 'Stay Put' painter's drop cloth. It seems to have a 'softer' side (embossed) to keep it from slipping around. I'll put that side on the inside. I'm making a huge tarp for my huge 14 foot hammock. So it will be 18x12 with doors. (I love the lay of a longer hammock.). I'm gorilla taping the middle/ridgeline seam where the two tarps come together, to make one large tarp. Tried E6000 glue, tried numerous marine grade glues and epoxy, but none worked. All pulled away from the vinyl. But gorilla tape seems to be the ticket. This embossed vinyl cloth is a little more opaque than the regular painter's drop cloths. But I'm considering a spray paint job. I fear the paint will eat away at the vinyl tho. Don't know. The other option is to tape a couple of those 'heat sheets' SOL sheets to the inside. Double duty! They weigh next to nothing, so added weight is minimal. I'm at 2.6lbs with the tarp so far, without the tape. Not too bad really. I just want it to last thru a few hikes, until I can afford a nice silpoly that is large enough. I'll end up making one, since they don't make them as large as I want. Thanks again for sharing.