Hennessy and Yukon
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underblank
    Suspension
    Daisey chain
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryon View Post
    Attachment 124714
    Snugpag Underquilt/TopQuilt - Yukon Underquilt/TopQuilt - Eno Ember 2
    Bryon, Since you have them all can you report on what your take is on each one and which might be the better choice?

Quote Originally Posted by bobamos View Post
    Bryon, Since you have them all can you report on what your take is on each one and which might be the better choice?
    All layed out the snugpak underquilt seems to be the largest as well as the heaviest. The fitment of the Eno Ember 2 is pretty good on my Yukon Outfitters Double. The Yukon Kindle underquilt seems to be made for the Yukon hammocks. I believe those are shorter hammocks and it just fits around the knot on the gathered end. I wouldn’t recommend trying to use it with a larger hammock without lengthening the shock cord. I don’t have much experience with underquilts yet but the Kindle seems to fit quite snug against the hammock (more so than the ENO). I’ll need some real world testing to see how well it works. The kindle also required a bit of muscle to get it back into it’s original stuff sack.

The Yukon topquilt is significantly heavier and loftier than the Snugpak. It seems like it would keep you quit warm. The yukon also has a combination snap and shockcord footbox that is slightly longer than the snukpak. The removable hood is also neat. I have to do some actual testing, but I believe that mixing up the Yukon and Snugpak quilts might give me the best of both worlds. If it was going to be only like 40-50 degrees taking the snugpak topquilt and yukon underquilt would be a lightweight way of mixing the stuff. For colder temperatures I would mix the heavier yukon topquilt and the snugpak underquilt.

IMG_20160213_072631.jpgIMG_20160213_072651.jpgIMG_20160213_073901.jpgIMG_20160213_074056.jpgIMG_20160213_074136.jpgIMG_20160213_081336.jpgIMG_20160213_081429.jpgIMG_20160213_082713.jpgIMG_20160213_083233.jpgIMG_20160213_083319.jpgIMG_20160213_083344.jpgIMG_20160213_083906.jpg

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition-Equip Mosquito-
    Tarp
    Hennessy and Yukon
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underblank
    Suspension
    Daisey chain
    Thanks Bryon.. At least we have some input on them all together.

Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Tarp
    TBD
    Insulation
    TBD
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Thanks for the comparison, Bryon! One question though - in your eighth picture, what is the blue bundle next to the two underquilts?

Quote Originally Posted by Skysong View Post
    Thanks for the comparison, Bryon! One question though - in your eighth picture, what is the blue bundle next to the two underquilts?
    Ooh that is the ENO ember placed in a compression sack, it doesn't come with one. That one wasn't probably the best size, I think it was a little too big. I just wanted to give a compressed comparison.

Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Tarp
    TBD
    Insulation
    TBD
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryon View Post
    Ooh that is the ENO ember placed in a compression sack, it doesn't come with one. That one wasn't probably the best size, I think it was a little too big. I just wanted to give a compressed comparison.
    Ohhh, I see. Thanks!

Wish I knew when these were going to pop back up on woot. I'd pick them up to throw in the truck with the hammock and tarp I always carry around to have for a spontaneous stop and hang.

Hammock
    DIY Bananahammock
    Tarp
    Dutch Duo
    Insulation
    DIY / HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Kevlar & UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by bpcooper14 View Post
    Wish I knew when these were going to pop back up on woot. I'd pick them up to throw in the truck with the hammock and tarp I always carry around to have for a spontaneous stop and hang.
    They are on the Woot App. Download it on your phone and buy today
    Get lost in the woods and find yourself again. A vacation,to me, is working with your hands and surviving because of the fruits of your labor. In the business world I teach;in the natural world I learn.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    They are on the Woot App. Download it on your phone and buy today
    I saw that but missed out on the underquilt. It was sold out by the time i got there.

I've added this to another post, but I'll put it here for people:

I had a complete overnight in the yukon outfitters top and underquilt last night. I have an unheated sun room which I stayed in last night. It got down to the exact middle of the temperature range and I was fine. I wore just a tank top and basketball shorts to bed as well as merino wool socks. Everything under the blanket was toasty warm. The only part of me that got cold was my face and nose, but I was fine when I buried myself in the attached hood on the topquilt. I would say with some base layers and factoring in wind I could easily make it down to the mid to low 30's.

IMG_20160220_080144.jpgIMG_20160220_080018.jpgIMG_20160220_060159.jpg

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234