Hennessy Expedition-Equip Mosquito-
    Tarp
    Hennessy and Yukon
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underblank
    Suspension
    Daisey chain
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedogomer View Post
    I agree it can be cheap, just on the surface, it does not appear to be. It's harder to find budget gear for hammocking, especially when it comes to insulation, which is why I always like seein affordable options, even if they aren't exactly the best ideas, I like seeing options.
    I agree, while it can be expensive for the hard core hanger it really can be inexpensive for those that want to try it out before spending a ton of cash. I picked up a Yukon Outfitters Mosquito hammock for my wife off of Woot for $17.00 delivered. The suspension was changed to cinch buckles and straps for under $10 and her rain fly was another Woot purchase for $19.99 plus $5 shipping. So, for %51 she is ready to camp. I will add an underblanket/quilt for about $50. It will most likely be a Snugpak underblanket and maybe another $20 misc. Not too bad over all. And yes, if she likes it we then might eventually upgrade to one of the high dollar set ups but for now she is in and ready to go.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Minifly/Pappy Plce
    Insulation
    Down/Apex
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bobamos View Post
    . . . but for now she is in and ready to go.
    Hello cousin!

Please send the formula for getting your wife to go camping. Mine will go again any time I can provide her with a heated place to sleep with indoor plumbing!

Pappy

Hammock
    11' Dutch 2.4 Hexon
    Insulation
    Yukon Outfitters
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedogomer View Post
    I agree it can be cheap, just on the surface, it does not appear to be. It's harder to find budget gear for hammocking, especially when it comes to insulation, which is why I always like seein affordable options, even if they aren't exactly the best ideas, I like seeing options.
    This is so true. When my wife and I first started this journey, we were going to take the $200 we had budgeted for a tent and a couple camping pads and throw in to a couple hammocks, because, on paper its cheaper.. Well, we're almost triple that for 2 complete set up's including UQ and TQ's but are happy we did what we did.

We did get the Yukon Outfitters TQ and UQ off of woot (2 of each) and they were delivered today, I know that this will not be the perfect solution to our insulation problem, but its a starting point.. and for us right now that matters more than weight or brand name.
    -Jason-

Hammock
    Dutch 11ft
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Huggers/Muletape
    I agree, while it can be expensive for the hard core hanger it really can be inexpensive for those that want to try it out before spending a ton of cash. I picked up a Yukon Outfitters Mosquito hammock for my wife off of Woot for $17.00 delivered. The suspension was changed to cinch buckles and straps for under $10 and her rain fly was another Woot purchase for $19.99 plus $5 shipping. So, for %51 she is ready to camp. I will add an underblanket/quilt for about $50. It will most likely be a Snugpak underblanket and maybe another $20 misc. Not too bad over all. And yes, if she likes it we then might eventually upgrade to one of the high dollar set ups but for now she is in and ready to go.
    Yes. There are plenty of geardos on here that believe the only way to go is Gucci.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Mine will go again any time I can provide her with a heated place to sleep with indoor plumbing!
    its called Camp Holiday Inn
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Eno CamoNest
    Tarp
    Eno ProFly
    Insulation
    Snugpak Blanket
    Suspension
    Circle Straps
    Sold out...
    Slowly swaying in a hammock is my version of a steady morphine drip, without the risk of renal failure.

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition-Equip Mosquito-
    Tarp
    Hennessy and Yukon
    Insulation
    Snugpak Underblank
    Suspension
    Daisey chain
    Well, I needed to make a move as the Snugpaks were out of stock just about everywhere and will not be avail. until the end of March. Or so they say. Amazon had 2 left in stock so now they only have one left.

Hammock
    trad cotton / yukon outfitters
    Tarp
    silnylon diy
    Insulation
    diy, a mix
    Suspension
    straps to becket
    Quote Originally Posted by datman View Post
    We did get the Yukon Outfitters TQ and UQ off of woot (2 of each) and they were delivered today, I know that this will not be the perfect solution to our insulation problem, but its a starting point.. and for us right now that matters more than weight or brand name.
    Let us know how you like them.

Well, I needed to make a move as the Snugpaks were out of stock just about everywhere and will not be avail. until the end of March. Or so they say. Amazon had 2 left in stock so now they only have one left.
    I ordered the yukon top and bottom quilt, but happened to be in northern vermont this last weekend so I stopped by Vermont Army-Navy store and they actually had some instock. He told he he ordered like 10 top quilts but they actually sent him 6 top quilts and 4 bottom quilts so I bought one of each. He also said that he wasn't going to be able to get more until late March.

Hammock
    11' Dutch 2.4 Hexon
    Insulation
    Yukon Outfitters
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by tangara View Post
    Let us know how you like them.
    I posted a review in the "review" section. They're better than I thought they were going to be for the price. Looks like quality construction, and weight wasn't too bad for what they are.
    -Jason-

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast