SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0°
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings

Smile Over-night stealth hang at Stoney Creek Metro Park

This weekend bmwrider and I took an overnight stealth trip to Stoney Creek Metro Park in Michigan to test some new gear for the upcoming winter hangs in Michigan.
    image1.JPG
    image2.JPG
    I tested my new Superfly which worked extremely well however i did notice an issue. When i received the tarp in the mail the other day i noticed there was a crease in the side wall when removing it from the stuff sack. I figured this would go away after hanging for a day so i left it hanging in the basement. As you can see from the pictures the crease still remains. You can pull on either side and it will flatten out however once you let it go it goes right back to the creased state. I will be contacting warbonnet regarding the issue to see if there is a fix or whether or not they can send me a replacement. In my eyes its a potential weak spot in the fabric.
    image6.JPGimage7.JPG

I also used my new whisper lite for the first time and although i did love how well it works, it took some getting used to since it's my first liquid stove. I'm hoping to figure out a more efficient way of setting it up and tearing it down. I also got a good feeling for what i did and did not need as far as overpacking.

bmwrider and I had a lot of fun. He was able to test his new Dream Hammocks Sparrow and he loved it. He let me lay in it and i was hooked!!! I hope to get one next.
    image5.JPGimage3.JPG

We were in a random wooded area so unfortunately there was no clear path and several pricker bushes in the way but we made do.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

-Mark Twain

Hammock
    HHBPUL, DD Frontline
    Tarp
    Stock Hennessy Tar
    Insulation
    Exped 9 DLX
    Suspension
    Big Butt Whoopies
    From the grin on your face a good time was had during this test! Cheers and Hang On Brother~!
    Hangin' High and Dry

Looks like you guys found a stealthy spot over there in the midst of suburbia! Looks like you'll be all set for Green Timbers...we spent last weekend out there. I recognize bmwrider from his day gig. Small world.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0°
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by michigandave View Post
    Looks like you guys found a stealthy spot over there in the midst of suburbia! Looks like you'll be all set for Green Timbers...we spent last weekend out there. I recognize bmwrider from his day gig. Small world.
    Where do you think i met him! lol

Very excited for Green Timbers...just a little stressed trying to make sure i have everything ready to go.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

-Mark Twain

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0°
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by bodhran4me View Post
    From the grin on your face a good time was had during this test! Cheers and Hang On Brother~!
    Definitely had a good time! Didn't want to go back to the real world!

-Mark Twain

• + New Posts