Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hiker63 View Post
    You're a moderator on here. I'm sure you know the answer. He hiked and hammock camped the 2,189 miles in 4 months. He then continued on to Canada. Is that something you may do someday?
    HaHa being a mod just means I have a little spare time to read the forums, spell check and move topics to the correct folders.
    I do not know about this Gatormiller. However if he used a hammock for this journey I'd love to hear what he has to say in a future episode of HYOH. I hope they could get him.
    That said I really enjoyed Syntax77 in the program I though he did great. Some better sound equipment might be in order though. Sound quality is pretty important in a radio style program.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutchware Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    HG UQ or DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    HaHa being a mod just means I have a little spare time to read the forums, spell check and move topics to the correct folders.
    I do not know about this Gatormiller. However if he used a hammock for this journey I'd love to hear what he has to say in a future episode of HYOH. I hope they could get him.
    That said I really enjoyed Syntax77 in the program I though he did great. Some better sound equipment might be in order though. Sound quality is pretty important in a radio style program.
    Thanks, OutandBack. I agree on the audio - since I'm self-funded and we're not running ads, it's going to be slow going to get the type of equipment that we want. We're planning on doing another "onsite" in May and I intend to have a better quality digital recorder at that point. I think we've almost got the local audio issues licked at this point tho.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutchware Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    HG UQ or DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratdog View Post
    So do bunches of other folks, WhiteBlaze is full of them, not to mention bunches of ultra lighters that have thru'd lots of different trails. But why make 6 posts advocating for an individual on the podcast thread? I've never heard of Sintax or Gatormiller. Pretty much every thru hiker has interesting stories, heard Houdini talk about meeting god on the trail this weekend, god wear's sandals, a hat and not much else

Heck, I'll advocate for our own DOS, thru'd, thru'd again, bunches of other trails, PIF maniac, 2000+ posts on HF, I'd be way more interested in what she had to say.

Another idea for topics, lots of folks on here, dedicated hammockers, are also serious youtubers with darn useful camping/hiking related info. Whether it be DIY stuff, dehydrating, foraging, hammocking in strange or exotic places, extreme hammocking.

And another, last year Philadelphia installed a 'hammock park' of sorts. Might be interesting to the folks responsible for that.

Or maybe interview one of the State Park officials in a hammock friendly state, or perhaps Florida that instituted a pilot program with input from the grass roots hammock folks. Maybe touch on the 50 state status of hammock camping, and the issues associated with hammocking in State and National Parks and what we can all do to improve and educate.
    Ratdog, lots of GREAT ideas here! Mark and I intend to be running the HYOH Podcast for quite a while, and in year 3 it's going to be listeners like you who are willing to brainstorm on great ideas that will keep it going, and continue to give us awesome ideas for content so that we can keep it fresh. We're trying to keep it topical in the sense that we want to be doing hammock camping as the primary topic, similar to the way that HF.net is topical, but that doesn't mean that we aren't interested in talking to folks who have good things to say.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by captaincoupal View Post
    Thanks, OutandBack. I agree on the audio - since I'm self-funded and we're not running ads, it's going to be slow going to get the type of equipment that we want. We're planning on doing another "onsite" in May and I intend to have a better quality digital recorder at that point. I think we've almost got the local audio issues licked at this point tho.
    I love the not having ads THANK YOU. I'd like to suggest the Patreon Program where folks support your efforts monthly
    https://www.patreon.com/

or Stream your broadcast over Twitch and have a PayPal donate button. Which allows a single donation or monthly.
    One twitch person I follow wrote and recorded a Twitch Parody song to kick off his twitch channel fund raiser.
    It was a huge success. Check it out

https://youtu.be/TV0HWzCwwjI

or just have a PayPal button on your current site. It is all voluntary and much less intrusive than ads.

Our very own Fronkey did a kickstarter for some very expensive camera/sound gear and was well supported by or forum members.
    Last edited by OutandBack; 02-02-2016 at 10:44.

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 2.4/Dutch pup tent
    Tarp
    RSBTR HEX12 DIY
    Insulation
    HG 0*/40*
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    just downloaded all your episodes and liked the episode 0 (as far as ive gotten so far) i learned about your podcast from syntax77 (love his videos) and cant wait to hear the rest! keep up the good work.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutchware Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    HG UQ or DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by gfd131 View Post
    just downloaded all your episodes and liked the episode 0 (as far as ive gotten so far) i learned about your podcast from syntax77 (love his videos) and cant wait to hear the rest! keep up the good work.
    Yes, he's a really great guy and was a lot of fun to chat with.

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 2.4
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Definitely just binged listened to all the episodes of this podcast in the last 24 hours. Great show guys keep up the good work!

Hammock
    SBP, Orange Crush
    Tarp
    HH Deluxe
    Insulation
    Burrow/Jarbridge
    Suspension
    AHE Cinch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by hiker63 View Post
    He's a real hiker, 2089 miles in four months.
    I guess i didn't realize there was a mileage number i needed to hit to be considered a real hiker. Is elevation a factor? If i do less miles, but gain more elevation, can i still be considered a real hiker, or is it just pure mileage? I'm sure the guy is a great hiker and would be a nice interview, but you probably could have phrased that better.

Quote Originally Posted by gfd131 View Post
    Yup, that's where i learned about HYOH podcast as well. Listened to it on my way to work tonight and i loved it. I'll be checking out the rest pretty soon.

Hammock
    Big Guy Bridge
    Insulation
    AHE TQ+UQ toasty!
    Suspension
    Lapp hitches
    Great podcast. I enjoyed the interview and the hot/cold sleep discussion at the end. Looking forward to more!

Hammock
    WBXLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator UQ/ SB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Thanks for the podcasts. I thought they were very interesting. I liked the way that different folks approach hammock camping, and their reasons why. You could tell Tom Hennessy was very analytical, whereas folks like Shug are just doing what feels right (Whooo Buddy....sorry..couldn't resist). Good to get different perspectives and ultimately that's what were all here for...just trying to learn from others. Thanks and keep them going. Any chance they are going to be more frequent than monthly??

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast