So, I ordered a new MacCat Deluxe / SilPro about a week ago, and it just arrived today. No hassle, shipping times similar to how long it takes orders from Dutch to get here. I didn't need to chase it up at all, so it looks like my order at least was processed in a timely fashion. I wasn't aware of the bad reputation Brian has for delays in order fulfillment until after I paid, so pleasantly surprised to find that it wasn't a problem in my case.

HOWEVER:

The quality of the overall workmanship and the stitching is outstanding, but the seam-sealing was horrific. It was very poorly applied, had numerous gaps (i.e. places on the seam where no sealer had been applied at all), and in several locations had small pieces of what appeared to be chocolate embedded in it. In addition to this, it seems to have been packed in its stuff sack while the sealer was still wet, resulting in the tarp panels sticking to each other in numerous locations.

So - first thing I did after receiving it was spend half an hour slowly pulling apart all the places where the sealer had glued various parts of the tarp fabric together, where no seam sealer should be, and then resealing the entire seam in a more consistent manner.

I'm happy with the tarp, but extremely unhappy with the disgraceful seam-sealing job, and the resulting mess it's made of the tarp panels (they're covered in small patches of sealant) - I should not have had to fix this, noting I paid for what was advertised as "Professional OES ProSeal experienced seam sealing".

Can anyone recommend something I can use to clean the various bits of sealant off the panels of the tarp, without damaging the waterproofing? Or is this just something I'll have to live with?