Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    HG incubators and

Old Rag Mtn Quilt

Anyone use this as a under quilt? If so is there drawbacks to it vs a traditional under quilt? Its only 48"s wide, is that a problem? Looking at it to use as and under quilt for me and them a sleeping bag for my wife.

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    I have two of them. They are my cold weather set up. I have had no issues using the Old Rag as an UQ or as a TQ. I also use it in the camper or when family camping and need to go to ground. Very versatile piece of gear.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Quote Originally Posted by Billcole View Post
    Anyone use this as a under quilt? If so is there drawbacks to it vs a traditional under quilt? Its only 48"s wide, is that a problem? Looking at it to use as and under quilt for me and them a sleeping bag for my wife.
    I have one with its main purpose being an UQ. The drawback is mostly compression issues. The Mnt Washington UQ's will have more loft because they are cut to hang as an UQ. The Rag mnt loses a tad bit of loft as its pulled around the hammock, because its not cut to fit this way specifically. It still works great as an UQ, and to me, the versatility is worth any small loss in performance. It is also plenty wide.

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG burra
    Suspension
    Warbonnet
    Images
    I have one and here is my assessment: Good quality versiltility. I bought the large one. I feel it is a better TQ than an UQ because of the extra length I went with. It still works good, and I'm happy with it. The top quilt aspect is awesome. I don't care for the omni tape, I would rather have snaps. It is not the best TQ or UQ but it is an awesome one of both, and the versiltility of it is what attracted me to it, and I have been happy with my purchase. I paid top dollar for it, then is was like 50-75 dollars cheaper a couple of days after my purchase, so watch for sales, and don't hesitate with this one it is a bit more heavy than the Hudson rivers, but either series I like and would recommend.
    Volcanoes and waterfalls, trees and hammocks,
    Columbia River gorge, in Benson Burner's attic.
    http://www.youtube.com/my_videos

Hammock
    WBBB, Chameleon
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex/ WBSF
    Insulation
    HG, JrB
    I have 3 JRB quilts and really like them. I used the old rag and every once in a while if I move around at night it may slip a little bit, but this was easily fixed with a bit of shock cord and 2 quilt clips.

Hammock
    HH Explorer zip / LSoH WE
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex Fly
    Insulation
    HHSS/JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Mule tape/Webbing
    I have it and have used it as both UQ and TQ, I haven't noticed the performance issues as compared to the MW4 I guess because I haven't tried to push it past the teens and since I have the MW4 anything below the 20s and its coming out as the UQ

• + New Posts