Tarp
    HG WP and Asymm
    Insulation
    HG TQ, UQ; MLD TQ
    Suspension
    I go Dutch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Delta View Post
    Hello, my name is Trent. I have made multiple purchases totaling over $300 this month and have only slept in a hammock two nights, ever. I feel Dutch has many more purchases coming his way from me so I can't even claim to have reached step one, admitting I have an issue. Dutch, please don't make that titanium toilet paper holder you mentioned on the HYOH podcast....I just don't want to have to explain that when the lady finds it. Also, can you please make a flag on a telescoping titianium pole so I can plant it in the ground and claim the site in the name of Dutch. Also, maybe sell some hunch punch kook-aid in a ti can.
    This sort of heart-felt message from a newbie only serves to highlight the tragedy.
    There are two kinds of people in the world: those who say there are two kinds of people, and all the others.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon Orange
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    LocoLibre
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mb190e View Post
    I'm new to hammock camping, I received my order from Dutch and Warbonnet, I haven't even setup the tarp or hammock and I'm already thinking of my next Dutch order.
    Are you me? I just got my orders from Dutch and Warbonnet yesterday and today. I don't get to set them up until tomorrow and I'm already working on a list of things to order from Dutch that I didn't think to order the first time.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20° TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies / Kevlar
    Quote Originally Posted by CedricMordrin View Post
    Are you me? I just got my orders from Dutch and Warbonnet yesterday and today. I don't get to set them up until tomorrow and I'm already working on a list of things to order from Dutch that I didn't think to order the first time.
    Same here, I need/want longer Kevlar tree straps, some mitten clip for the superfly doors, Dutch clips and possibly some ti stakes. I haven't ordered my quilts yet, I will probably need something the UQ.

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    DIY Xen Sil winter
    Insulation
    WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I thought I was done with buying - got the ridge line setup from him - tarp fleas - all kinds of other crap - now I want some things for my superfly doors for easier open and closing -
    “The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.”

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Hi I'm Greg. I fell off the wagon this morning. The tarp door tie back thread is to blame. Shock cord and more. I must try harder.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Asym Xenon
    Suspension
    Whoopies/UHMWPE
    Tra la la!

The Canadians are here to save the day.

Now that the caribou antler fuzz harvest is winding down you will have, no doubt, noticed that the Canadian dollar is starting to climb. This has a lot to do with investors feeling greater confidence knowing our national work force are putting away the dog sleds and heading back to the farm equipment to start planting canola and those tasty arctic watermelon.

So, higher Canadian dollar means we are again planning our Spring Dutchware Stockpile. Translation, there will be nothing left to buy. So for all you DWAs, you're welcome. Now, back to tying up the huskies.
    Please enter your signature here.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien #3000
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wilderness Logic
    Suspension
    MYOG Whoopies
    My name's Ron and, well, a package came in the mail a couple hours ago... It's just a couple of Wasps, what could it hurt, right?
    20160206_151751.jpg
    Last edited by Ron S; 02-06-2016 at 22:19.
    We heard it was gonna rain, we came anyway...

Hammock
    Chameleon (Hexon 1.0)
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    3S Yeti/OP Nitrous
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
    I would appreciate learning from a Kiwi good hanging spots that are not necessarily on the Great Walks. That's all we had time for on our first trip, but we definitely want to come back.
    I'm probably not the best person to ask for that one. My playground is mostly what's available locally - I'd rather spend more time outside and less time in the car getting there, so I don't do much in the way of travelling around the country looking for the more popular tracks. I live in NZ, so there's no rush to cram everything into a small holiday window. I suspect my approach would be very different if I was a tourist coming here from overseas.

Rimutaka Forest Park and Tararua Forest Park are the two areas where I spend most of my backcountry time. Both have a decent variety of tracks (particularly the Tararuas), and both are, as per the names, mostly covered in trees. There's always a good hammock site somewhere nearby. I don't normally plan my campsites - I just grab the map and determine a route and exit date / location, then camp along the way whenever I feel like stopping for the night.

Here's where I was on Sunday night:
    IMG_20160207_162137.jpg IMG_20160207_193542.jpg IMG_20160208_122857.jpg IMG_20160208_095027.jpg

The most common issue I strike isn't finding trees - it's finding too many trees! If things are too crowded to hang easily (e.g. moist valleys full of dense undergrowth), going a little bit higher usually helps a lot. The photos above are on a ridge above the river valley - only about 50m up, but that's often all it takes.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon Orange
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    LocoLibre
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mb190e View Post
    Same here, I need/want longer Kevlar tree straps, some mitten clip for the superfly doors, Dutch clips and possibly some ti stakes. I haven't ordered my quilts yet, I will probably need something the UQ.
    Yup, placed an order today for some shock cord and tarp door hooks as well as some hookworms. I only placed my first order last week!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien #3000
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wilderness Logic
    Suspension
    MYOG Whoopies
    Ok, ok, so I put in two more little orders. That's it though, I won't order anything else. I needed this stuff though. Seriously, I had to have it...
    We heard it was gonna rain, we came anyway...

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast