Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Suspension
    Webs

Canadian SilPoly/DIY Supplier? Help me fellow Cannucks!

Hello Ladies and Gents!!

So I'm wondering if anyone know's of a good supplier for Ripstop SilPoly, SilNylon, 800+ HD Down, etc. in Canada? I've obviously been too RBTR and would loooove to order some of their products, but the exchange rate is brutal right now! I've been googling for a couple days but somehow can't seem to find much of anything, I could be crazy though.

Right now I'm looking to start my first tarp project so I'll need a fair bit of fabric, grosgrain, sundries, etc., and i'm planning on doing some UL UQ and TQ projects later in the year. (and yes, i'm probably foolishly ambitious) and would love a more... local supplier.

Help me MYOG/DIY guru's, you're my only hope!

Hammock
    BoneFire,DIY Bridge,DH
    Tarp
    HG DCF,UGQ,DIY
    Insulation
    BoneFire,UGQ,Clew
    Suspension
    BoneFire Deluxe
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyphus View Post
    Hello Ladies and Gents!!

So I'm wondering if anyone know's of a good supplier for Ripstop SilPoly, SilNylon, 800+ HD Down, etc. in Canada? I've obviously been too RBTR and would loooove to order some of their products, but the exchange rate is brutal right now! I've been googling for a couple days but somehow can't seem to find much of anything, I could be crazy though.

Right now I'm looking to start my first tarp project so I'll need a fair bit of fabric, grosgrain, sundries, etc., and i'm planning on doing some UL UQ and TQ projects later in the year. (and yes, i'm probably foolishly ambitious) and would love a more... local supplier.

Help me MYOG/DIY guru's, you're my only hope!
    contact user firesong and littleshopofhammocks... not promising anything but he might able to help

Intimidator has some sound advice. He makes tarps and UQ's so he probably buys in bulk to save. Maybe he could save you some cost. If only shipping and duties.

Those two are killers for me. The exchange rate I can stomach but when something arrives at my door with 50$ worth of import fees and taxes it really takes the jelly out of my donut

Hammock
    Robic XL 1.1oz 11'
    Tarp
    RSBTR PU4000 tarps
    Insulation
    UGQ 0* 20* 40* set
    Suspension
    Multi buckle web
    If you could find it up here I bet it will still be cheaper to order it out of the states ie through RBTR when all is said and done.

Yup we gets screwed royally now.....40% and growing exchange rate and 12% plus minus sales tax on the CDN value = ouch

I would like some silpoly....but not that bad.
    Life is too Short to not feed the addiction....Hang on and explore the World

Hammock
    Warrior Edge UL - LSoH
    Tarp
    'Razor' Hex - LSoH
    Insulation
    LSoH Toaster TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Various
    Thought I would add to the thread. As brought up in the thread here,I too am subjected to the exchange rate, duties and shipping. It makes it difficult to compete price wise with the DIY fabric suppliers from the USA. There are a few items available but mainly accessories and finished gear.

• + New Posts