Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Dutch Print USA!
    Insulation
    Jacks R Better/HG
    Suspension
    Dutch Beetles
    What a great trip! I've spent most of the day replaying the highlights...meeting Gunner, finding out Gumbo is a cake decorator, singing with Guitarman, hearing Camping Nut scream like a girl when he won his canoe, watching FireInMyBones calm my son down after a Yellowjacket sting and so many more! Thanks again to everyone that made it possible...especially the skirt wearing Timber and his better half Gumbo
    "Goddam it, you'll never get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole! Follow me!"
    -Captain Henry P. Crowe, USMC

Hammock
    WB
    Tarp
    UGQ WD +2 pole mod
    Insulation
    Detail UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    mostly reliable!
    Images
    (reposted from the other thread...)

I had fun at my first HangCon (very similar to a Florida Hang)! Got to see some of the usuals and met a lot (whole lot) of new people! One more successful weather test for my gear. I only lost a few stakes. Thanks everyone that was in the kitchen and the cleaning crews. Y'all did a wonderful job! Thank you to those that are unmentioned, shopping, organizing, coordinating... And a thank you to all the vendors that donated gear for the raffle!

Congratulations to the newlyweds! Thanks for allowing me to be part of your union!

Hammock
    DangerBird
    Tarp
    SQUIDBILLY Black
    Insulation
    UGQ UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing
    (reposted from the other thread...)too

KingsFord and I made it home safely. Thank you everyone for a great time. Big Thank You to my kitchen crew Karebear, Tammy, The Wanderer and Stubby (even though he was lame ) and Terminator. Thank you to Jen and her friends who frosted Lilricky's wedding cake. It looked wonderful. You had perfect timing showing up just as Terminator, Karebear and I had finished layering the cakes. I'm sure someone up there was looking out for that cake to have you show up when you did. Thank you Gumbo for doing that awesome topping to the grooms cake. Those feet were so cute. I've decided next time I cook the White Bean Chili I'll have to make a lot more, maybe less chicken and dumplings, more chili. I'm sorry I didn't get to make more cobblers, I still had a Strawberry Rhubarb one I wanted to make. I also never thought about Banana pudding for breakfast. I'll have to keep that in mind and suggest it for my left over pudding at future hangs. Thank everyone for letting me cook for you, it was a pleasure. Thank You Gumbo and Timberr for organizing such a wonderful hang. I also want to thank JEM, RichtorFlorida, JGreen and family, Floridahanger, and Jack (don't know your forum name) for all your help and support in the kitchen for this hang. Ya'll are awesome. There are lot's more who I'd love to thank, but I don't know everyones name, but know that I thank you. Congrats again to the Mr & Mrs Lilricky.
    “If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.” -- Sir Isaac Newton

Hammock
    WB
    Tarp
    UGQ WD +2 pole mod
    Insulation
    Detail UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    mostly reliable!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Clisbyclark View Post
    This was the first hang for me and my family and we sure picked a good one to start out! Thanks to all who worked so hard in preparation and putting on the event. Your efforts are truly appreciated and not unnoticed. I also want to thank all the vendors we spoke with-especially the Mecks and Adam and Jenny from HammckGear. They both spent considerable time with me explaining their products that we own and how we can maximize their potential. The food was great!!! Does anyone know how cold it was at wakeup this morning?
    It was 29* just before 6:00 and by 6:45 it dropped to 26.7*.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    Bror Gear 10x10
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Atlas
    I also posted in the other thread, but i would like to reiterate what a awesome time that me and the Guys had. There was a group of us that came down and together, we met some seriously cool people and got to put our hands and butts in some new gear. Thanks to all the vendors, it truly helps to be able to put your hands on gear, try it out and speak to the people who make it first hand. So thank you MECK family, The Trio from Jacksonville love our Stands, they have been serving us well for weeks now, Thanks to mom and pop smurf for the countless hours of answering questions and letting us try out the different hammocks and to my man at Loco Libre for hooking us up!!! ( well hooking my buddy up)

A shout out wouldn't be complete to all Timberr and Gumbo for everything they do to make this a huge success and all the people that assist them !!

Truly, Thank you..

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty, Astd. Dutch
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex, TF
    Insulation
    HG,WLSS,JrB,UGQ,LL
    Suspension
    LW straps/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by itsandy View Post
    It was 29* just before 6:00 and by 6:45 it dropped to 26.7*.
    Thanks Sandy. Now I don't feel quite as bad for being a little chilly in my 45* top quilt. But I do feel really dumb for bringing it and leaving my 0* at home-especially considering it was a CAR CAMPING trip as opposed to backpacking!

Hammock
    Envy S
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    First a BIG THANK YOU to EVERYONE that made HANGCON possible and such a GREAT time Popmeck and I loved seeing everyone. We were disappointed about leaving Saturday evening. We had wanted to spend more time with old and new friends! We are already planning on staying longer next year. I am not much of a photographer, but here are a few pictures.

IMG_0198.jpgIMG_0182.jpgIMG_0183.jpgIMG_0184.jpgIMG_0187.jpgIMG_0188.jpgIMG_0190.jpgIMG_0192.jpgIMG_0194.jpgIMG_0200.jpgIMG_0208.jpgIMG_0214.jpg
    Hammeck - Hammocks, stands, and accessories, made by the Meck family.

Like us on Facebook!

Hammock
    HH Safari Deluxe
    Tarp
    Etowah, UST Hex
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Wow! Looks like a great time was had, That triple hammock trailer setup is something else for sure.

Hammock
    Dream Freebird & Sparrow
    Tarp
    Cave Creek 12' XL
    Insulation
    Puffles & DIY
    Suspension
    Straps & rings
    Some pics, hopefully, I'm new to tapatalk.

Numbers 35:34
    You shall not defile the land in which you live, in the midst of which I dwell...

"You can lead a man to Congress, but you can't make him think." - Milton Berle

"I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." (Calvin and Hobbes/Bill Waterson)

Hammock
    90"x11' DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    UGQ WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    SnuggleBug
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    If anyone found a 2" sterling silver earring, it belongs to my friend who visited the hang on Saturday. Please PM me, if found. Thank you.
    Just me being me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Palmetto State Hangers Treasurer <--Facebook Group Page
    [COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=2]SC Fall Sprawl 2016-Santee State Park - October 13-16---->

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast