Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    UQ and TQ, yeti
    Suspension
    Tree strap,whoopie

UGQ or HG?

Hello guys,
    I am planning on buying a top and underquilt for my hammock.
    I have heard many good evaluations about HG but also about UGQ...,
    Which manufacturer should you people choose and why?
    Thx in advance!

Ingels

Hammock
    DIY 1.6 Hexon 72"x11'
    Tarp
    DIY hex
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ&UQ/DIY's
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    When I bought my TQ, I had no experience with any cottage vendor. I really didn't know much about hammock quilts, either. After surfing the web a little I decided to call UGQ directly and ask a bunch of newbie questions. The owner (I forget his name right now), was so patient answering all of my questions, I figured if his product was as good as his customer service, it must be great, so I took a chance. I loved the TQ so much, I decided to go back there when I got my UQ. I love it, too. Both of them are excellent quality, and roughly the same price as comparable products.

I have heard similar stories from HG. So, I don't think you could go wrong with either.
    "The trees were like lace where the star-beams could chase, each leaf was a jewel agleam.

The soft white hush lapped the Northland and wrapped us round in a crystalline dream."

Robert Service

I will start with the obligatory, both are great choices as are many of the other cottage vendors on hammock forums.

I had a similar conundrum, and i chose UGQ because I can be a bit of a restless sleeper who will shift from back to side and they have a slightly larger quilt.

The HG is slghtly smaller and lighter, better for packing but slightly worse for coverage. They are also cut with a bit of a 'leg shelf', which is better for pure back sleepers and slightly less so for side sleepers (this is what i understand, not first hand knowledge).

For what its worth, I love my UGQ quilts and would buy them again in a second, but I'm sure that if the HG quilts suited me better that I would feel the same about them.

Hammock
    Mayan / Freebird
    Tarp
    SLD Custom
    Insulation
    UGQ 30*F / 0*F
    Suspension
    Whoopie / fleaz
    I went with UGQ for the same reasons as Hogwash. That slightly wider UQ is going to help me in my many sleeping positions, and since, so far, I've only bought a 0˚F quilt I thought this reasoning would be applied triple fold in the winter.

I'll be buying from them for my 0˚F top quilt too, I'm just on pause due to the ridiculously low CAD. There's something about their TQ that intuitively makes sense for me, along side all the people raving about them.

Their shipping prices to Canada certainly helped too.

For the warmer season, I feel some of the considerations I made aren't quite as pertinent, so we'll see what I decide for that, but given the level of customer service I've received from UGQ, I suspect I'll be back.

Hammock
    HH Safari Deluxe
    Tarp
    Etowah, UST Hex
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    There are a lot of good products out there for sure, My choice for my next purchase will be through George at Loco Libre Gear. He has helped me out beyond belief and offers so many customization options as well as innovative designs. I plan on purchasing Matching summer TQ & UQ 's for my daughter and I once my taxes get here. just my $.02

Hammock
    Trail Lair || Brazilian
    Tarp
    CF w/ doors
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    UCR
    Tried both, UGQ is my favorite. I also like:
    http://www.mid-atlanticmountainworks..._Products.html

Hammock
    DIY 11ft
    Tarp
    DIY - SilPoly 2.0
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield 5
    Suspension
    UCR
    Images
    Both are great vendors on here. One of the best suggestions I've seen on here is to buy both if you can afford it. Pick the one you like and sell the other on here. You won't be out more than $20 and be able to have the chance to compare them side by side.

Hammock
    diy multicam+5 others
    Tarp
    warbonnet edge
    Insulation
    downny
    Suspension
    stuff and things
    I use both. either way is a good choice

Hammock
    WBBB XLC/R.R 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG/LocoL/AHE/UGQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Makowski View Post
    There are a lot of good products out there for sure, My choice for my next purchase will be through George at Loco Libre Gear. He has helped me out beyond belief and offers so many customization options as well as innovative designs. I plan on purchasing Matching summer TQ & UQ 's for my daughter and I once my taxes get here. just my $.02
    Loco Libre Gear is top notch stuff. Another nice thing about George is he doesn't nickel and dime you with charges for custom work. You pay for material and let George know what you want and he makes it.
    Chevron baffles and directional lay are pretty neat options!
    Hanging in the woods, paddlin and catching trout- My kind of living...

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Singingcrowsings View Post
    I went with UGQ for the same reasons as Hogwash. That slightly wider UQ is going to help me in my many sleeping positions, and since, so far, I've only bought a 0˚F quilt I thought this reasoning would be applied triple fold in the winter.

I'll be buying from them for my 0˚F top quilt too, I'm just on pause due to the ridiculously low CAD. There's something about their TQ that intuitively makes sense for me, along side all the people raving about them.

Their shipping prices to Canada certainly helped too.

For the warmer season, I feel some of the considerations I made aren't quite as pertinent, so we'll see what I decide for that, but given the level of customer service I've received from UGQ, I suspect I'll be back.
    U G Q ,,my flightjacket turned out beautiful !!!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast