Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by hodad View Post
    The 1/8 Gossamer Gear thin light pad is 3.9 oz and pretty compact considering.
    I've been tempted to use this in the warmer months in the WBBR double layer due to the weight savings over an UQ.
    Has anyone taken this combo down to the typical southern/mid AT summer temps ~40's?
    Any words of wisdom/experience regarding using the 1/8 thin light pad to augment an UQ in ~ -0 and below would also be appreciated.

I recently bought he hammock wide one, works really well, only problem is its relatively short.
    I brought s small piece for my feet off another foam pad I had and slept really warm: it got down to about 39, and was raining. All I had was my 40 degree down mummy bag I use as a top quilt.

Super light too.

Hammock
    WBB
    Tarp
    Zpacks CF, WBSF
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/ WBB 0 UQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide WS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by emidius View Post
    I recently bought he hammock wide one, works really well, only problem is its relatively short.
    I brought s small piece for my feet off another foam pad I had and slept really warm: it got down to about 39, and was raining. All I had was my 40 degree down mummy bag I use as a top quilt.

Super light too.
    Thanks. We're doing the Troutville to Damascus AT section next week and I'll take the 40 burrow and the gg pad. That's going to shave .big weight off of my normal 0 lynx uq and 20 burrow tq. Happy trails

Hammock
    WBB
    Tarp
    Zpacks CF, WBSF
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/ WBB 0 UQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide WS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hodad View Post
    Thanks. We're doing the Troutville to Damascus AT section next week and I'll take the 40 burrow and the gg pad. That's going to shave .big weight off of my normal 0 lynx uq and 20 burrow tq. Happy trails
    The GG pad worked great down to the 50's for 4 nights on the AT last month. I just left it between the top and bottom layer of the WBBR and rolled the hammock up. I packed well in the Zpacks Arc Blast 60. The rigidity of the foam actually helped the pack shape.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12