Tarp
    H/H Stock
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    Stock
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieCash View Post
    I'm there Thursday for sure.

If I'm putting this much time into organization it's going to take a heck of a situation to get me away.

The bad news is, by day two you'll have heard all of my jokes and stories. Which I'll promptly repeat.
    Just when I thought you couldn't go any lower, and then you turn around and pull something like this; and TOTAL REDEEM YOURSELF ........!
    "You Can't Be Hardcore... If you Don't Live Hardcore"

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC 1.7 Double
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Mamajamb
    Insulation
    Yeti 3 TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/buckles
    SCHEDULE, ACTIVITIES, AND DEMONSTRATIONS

Upholstry Needles will be available for use.
    We'll have some Amsteel Rope but if you can swing it bring your own
    I buy mine from
    http://www.westmarine.com/buy/samson...id--P014895700

What to bring:
    7/64 Amsteel Rope or similar
    You will need about 15' to make a sling with 6' of adjustment
    Hey Willie,

I will have pmt to you in the next few days. Also, Im on the west marine website right now - and either im a total ditz or im not seeing the units of measurement for the quantity!!

Im trying to buy 15' of amsteel, but I have no idea if its measured in inches, feet.... yards.... lol

Also, I have a few knives, but so far I have had terrible experience trying to get them sharp enough for feathering/bushcraft. I'll bring then and hopefully someone can help me out with that.

I'm excited man. This is going to be great fun! I probably wont be there thursday night, Im thinking friday thru sunday.

Looking forward to meeting y'all!

EDIT: Never mind, WestMarine got back to me and confirmed it was feet Just bought 25' I have a 2nd hammock I want to install a ridgeline in it like my warbonnet.

-Paravelian
    Last edited by Paravelian; 03-10-2016 at 14:24.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC 1.7 Double
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Mamajamb
    Insulation
    Yeti 3 TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots13 View Post
    Oh yea and I gotta drink enough to make up for not coming last year
    Glad to see that 2 Leona Valley natives are making an appearance. lol

#represent!!

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    DaisyChain/Carab
    I've got some kind of tricky news for everyone and I hope you will back my decision in the matter...

The charity we initially wanted to support is The Wounded Warriors project.

Unfortunately, it seems like every day many of us are finding more and more evidence revealed of misappropriated funds and lavish expenditures in infrastructure by The WWP that should be benefitting those who have given so much of their lives in service to our nation. The WWP’s charity ratings continue to plummet on a weekly basis and we’ve begun to receive some push back from our vendors who have made donations and the hammockers who would be purchasing tickets for our raffle.

Because of this, I have decided to give the proceeds of our raffle to a different veterans organization.

"Homes For Our Troops" is a charity whose prime purpose it to build mortgage-free, specially adapted homes nationwide for severely injured Veterans Post-9/11, to enable them to rebuild their lives.

http://www.hfotusa.org/home

As a husband of a disabled wife, I understand the trials of living with the logistics of a home that is less than ideal for specific medical needs. As difficult as this sometimes is for us, I can't imagine how stressing this would be for someone returning from the trials of war.

I've done a bit of research on this charity and they get stellar ratings in terms of how they administrate funds in making sure our veterans receive as much in services, dollar per dollar, as possible.

https://www.charitywatch.org/ratings...our-troops/535

http://www.charitynavigator.org/inde...3#.VuHl_vkrLcs

I can certainly understand if some have reservations. Though I would hope you can see some honor and reasonability in the decision I have made.

It is not my intention to disparage The Wounded Warrior Project. I’m sure there is a case to be made from their side but at this time it just makes more sense to me for us to support a different Veteran’s organization. At least until the scandal surrounding The WWP has settled down and we can get a clear bead on the status of the organization.

I have contacted the vendors and informed them of this decision and given them the option to pull back their prizes should they disagree with my stance. If someone decides to pull a prize because of this, please bear them no ill will. They were kind and generous to make the donation they have.

I have yet to hear of anybody wanting to pull their prize donation. Most have been supportive of my decision.

If you have any concerns, I'm more than happy to address them.

I don't want to bring in downer news like this. But I feel with the entirety of my heart that this is the best decision I could make in this regard.

Thank you so much for your understanding.
    Addam

Hammock
    DIY Single layer Asym
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Cat
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ/ TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/ Whoopie
    I've got some kind of tricky news for everyone and I hope you will back my decision in the matter...

The charity we initially wanted to support is The Wounded Warriors project.

Unfortunately, it seems like every day many of us are finding more and more evidence revealed of misappropriated funds and lavish expenditures in infrastructure by The WWP that should be benefitting those who have given so much of their lives in service to our nation. The WWP’s charity ratings continue to plummet on a weekly basis and we’ve begun to receive some push back from our vendors who have made donations and the hammockers who would be purchasing tickets for our raffle.

Because of this, I have decided to give the proceeds of our raffle to a different veterans organization.

"Homes For Our Troops" is a charity whose prime purpose it to build mortgage-free, specially adapted homes nationwide for severely injured Veterans Post-9/11, to enable them to rebuild their lives.

http://www.hfotusa.org/home

As a husband of a disabled wife, I understand the trials of living with the logistics of a home that is less than ideal for specific medical needs. As difficult as this sometimes is for us, I can't imagine how stressing this would be for someone returning from the trials of war.

I've done a bit of research on this charity and they get stellar ratings in terms of how they administrate funds in making sure our veterans receive as much in services, dollar per dollar, as possible.

https://www.charitywatch.org/ratings...our-troops/535

http://www.charitynavigator.org/inde...3#.VuHl_vkrLcs

I can certainly understand if some have reservations. Though I would hope you can see some honor and reasonability in the decision I have made.

It is not my intention to disparage The Wounded Warrior Project. I’m sure there is a case to be made from their side but at this time it just makes more sense to me for us to support a different Veteran’s organization. At least until the scandal surrounding The WWP has settled down and we can get a clear bead on the status of the organization.

I have contacted the vendors and informed them of this decision and given them the option to pull back their prizes should they disagree with my stance. If someone decides to pull a prize because of this, please bear them no ill will. They were kind and generous to make the donation they have.

I have yet to hear of anybody wanting to pull their prize donation. Most have been supportive of my decision.

If you have any concerns, I'm more than happy to address them.

I don't want to bring in downer news like this. But I feel with the entirety of my heart that this is the best decision I could make in this regard.

Thank you so much for your understanding.
    Addam
    I completely support your decision there are many worthy organizations who need our support I more than happy to help where I can,
    Thank You,
    Sam
    Thanks,
    Sam
    "Home is wherever you choose to stop"

www.batchstovez.com

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    DaisyChain/Carab
    Quote Originally Posted by New2trees View Post
    I completely support your decision there are many worthy organizations who need our support I more than happy to help where I can,
    Thank You,
    Sam
    Thank you for your support and understanding, Sam!

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    DaisyChain/Carab
    Quote Originally Posted by Paravelian View Post
    Glad to see that 2 Leona Valley natives are making an appearance. lol

#represent!!
    Next thing you know you guys are going to roll through with your own "Leona Valley Hangers" flag!

Have you guys thought about car-pooling? Parking is getting kind of limited.

Hammock
    Dutch 10' PolyD 1.4
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hooks
    Ahhh crap. I'm sorry to do this but I'm going to have to cancel. I'm leaving the country for a few weeks and the only time the tickets were affordable was during the weekend of the group hang. I'm going to find out if my +2 still want to attend. I'll forward them this event thread so they can communicate with you guys. Hope everyone has a blast. Even more than last year.

Hammock
    pick one
    Tarp
    large, Mia palace
    Insulation
    anything warm
    Suspension
    tree or poles
    Homes for Our Troops
    The average cost to construct each specially adapted home nationwide runs $430,000. A top-rated military and Veterans’ nonprofit organization, Homes for Our Troops is privately funded, and therefore relies on the generosity of donors like you to accomplish our mission. Nearly 70 percent of our operational budget is generated by individual donors and community fundraisers.

image.jpeg

Nice let the raffle begin!

image.jpeg

Last edited by arczeneb; 03-11-2016 at 10:31.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie
    Suspension
    DaisyChain/Carab
    Quote Originally Posted by jkc107 View Post
    Ahhh crap. I'm sorry to do this but I'm going to have to cancel. I'm leaving the country for a few weeks and the only time the tickets were affordable was during the weekend of the group hang. I'm going to find out if my +2 still want to attend. I'll forward them this event thread so they can communicate with you guys. Hope everyone has a blast. Even more than last year.
    Bummer!

I think they are on the Facebook SoCal Hangers group, right?

Would you please PM me their names and I'll reach out to them?

See you next year!

• + New Posts
  • Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast