Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends

Not A Good Start For 2016--Lost ALL Hammock Gear--Burned up.

Egad, first my bedroom is awash during a wind/water storm, thanks to having a new roof in progress. Well, I rented a storage unit for all my valued "Stuff", mainly paintings and my Hammock Gear, sewing machines and photographs... Well a week later, I keep hearing the fire trucks go by, cold and high winds, make for fires, be careful with space heaters! Never dreaming my HAMMOCK GEAR WAS ACTING AS FUEL. So now I am in a state of shock, my insurance is useless in this case, I can not believe my precious RidgeRunner, Thunder Bird and other valued hammocks and quilts are gone up in smoke.

I guess in the future, if I value something I will keep it with me...I thought my gear would be safer in storage than staying with me in a hotel until I get my house reconstructed after its bath.

I hope anyone taking the time to read this, makes sure their gear is properly insured by a reputable insurer. Be sure to read your policy and understand what it covers and the exclusions, save receipts for everything.

I want to thank every Hammock Forums Member who has helped me learn how to Hang and everyone who has shared information on how to build, how to select and those who have sold me their gear. I guess my Hanging Days are over, too old and too poor to start over.

9584457_G.jpg This is my unit.

Wow, sorry to hear that. Any ruling on what caused the fire?

At one time I had a storage unit and got a very inexpensive rider to my homeowners' policy which, thankfully, never came into play.
    Caminante, son tus huellas el camino y nada más... - Antonio Machado

Hammock
    DL RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    Nemo Tensor
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    I'm so sorry for your loss.

Is the storage facility not liable?

Hammock
    TX-270/Sparrow/DIY
    Tarp
    Vertex
    Insulation
    Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Straps and buckles
    I am very sorry you've had to go through this. Why is the insurance company denying your claim for replacement items?

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, first in your home and then in your stored valued items.

I wish I could help you and send you some new gear. What I can send is prayers. I hope this isn't the last of your hanging.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

IronFish, I have a brand new Ridge Runner you are welcome to, just send me a PM if you want it. I don't have spare quilts but I do have a couple of thermarest pads, I can offer you one of those.

creek

Hammock
    DIY FLYING BUTTREST Bridge or WBRR
    Tarp
    Leaves/Luck/DIY
    Insulation
    UnluckyGeese of HG
    Suspension
    Whoopiedyne Vines
    Images
    I am sorry to hear about this! That is a tough blow. I am glad it was not you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by old creek View Post
    IronFish, I have a brand new Ridge Runner you are welcome to, just send me a PM if you want it. I don't have spare quilts but I do have a couple of thermarest pads, I can offer you one of those.

creek
    I don't know you, but you are awesome! Great gesture!
    Trail information, photos, waterfalls and vistas on the DeSoto Scout Trail facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/desoto.trai.../photos_albums

Soon I'll lose these rags and run, Returning to the wild where I'm from. -Chris Whitley

Hammock
    Dream Hammock- 10' Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG 20*Burrow/Incub
    Suspension
    Straps/Carabiners
    Images
    Wow, I know how you feel when it comes to loosing things in a flood. I lost everything in 94 when we had some bad floods. 8' of water in our house, along with nasty sludge and sheetrock and so on. So my heart and prayers go out to you.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by old creek View Post

creek

This is one of the reasons i love Hammock forums, the brotherhood and quality of the members here is second to none,
    Send me a pm and i'll chip in a new Yukon rainfly to help get you started, make sure you supply your address and i'll get it out to ya asap.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Thank your SnrMoment, caminante, waffleBox, Gutyones, Floridahanger OldCreek, halfastronomical, Rick68 and Zilla.

Support from you is a comfort, I was already having a crummy start to the new year, the fire really was (I hope) the crowing glory.

Again, thank everyone for caring and offers of support, it means a lot to me, I was feeling very alone.

Rick68, I remember when I was a little kid, our home was swept off its foundation, we were floating on top the roof, it was my 3rd birthday, I thought it was great fun as the water pushed us toward the Fir trees and water towers. My parents lost everything, they only had the close on their back, my dad had his car because he had it in the shop getting new tires. Whenever I see flooding I think of how hard it is to start over. Lucky for me it was only my bedroom and a bit of the living room ceiling that was drown. I will be able to fix the house, not the rest of the loss.

Thank you each and everyone for your words of support and offers, they are deeply appreciated. Sally

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast