I was searching the forum for info on the ENO hammock repair kit... and didn't see anything. Not sure if this is the right subforum, but thought I would do a write up in case anyone else needed info.

The ENO hammock repair kit cost under $5 on amazon, and is used to fix small holes in a hammock. My first trip out with my Yukon Double hammock I got a small hole in it when a stray ember from our fire landed on it. I slept all night in the hammock without issue, and even used the hammock another night without making the hole bigger. Still, I worried it would rip more, so I found this kit on amazon, and took a chance on it.

It's basically a small piece of adhesive backed clear vinyl. It's a rubbery, stretchy texture. It says it fixes holes up to 3 inches, but I only used it on a small hole, smaller than the diameter of a pencil.

You apply the patch by cutting to size, and sticking to both sides of the hole. Was pretty easy to do, and the kit had enough material to fix 5 or 6 holes the size I had.

Once patched, you can see the patch. While clear, you can still notice the patch as it slightly changes the color of the hammock material, as it interferes with how light passes through it. It's not invisible, but is better than having a hole.

As for durability, I've slept in the hammock 3-4 nights with the repair in place, and the hole is right under my back, so it has a lot of stress on it. It has stayed in place, and has not frayed, pulled, or moved. The hole under the patch also has not changed.

So for $5, I can't complain. If the patch was made in colors, to match a hammock fabric, it may look nicer, but as is, it does what it says. I'm actually planning to use the remaining material to fix a few holes in a cheap tarp I have.

I'd recommend the product, hopefully this helps anyone who searches the forum for this, and gives some insight.