Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    13' Winter Haven
    Insulation
    quilts
    Suspension
    Tensa4

Suggestion: Add a warning on website when ordering!

Something like:
    "Warning - Dutchware bling can be addictive"

I have got some stuff from Dutch and just playing around with it at home it occurs to me that these things would be great to have more of. So small & light & simple & effective, maybe I need these titanium doo-dads on all my guy lines? I can definitely see myself putting in another order at some point!

I bought a continuous ridge-line, such a simple but effective setup! I think it takes a special kind of genius to design clever products that are so simple and just work. The Dutch Wasp is a good example, really effective little bit of titanium that is very easy to use. The Dutch clip is nothing special I suppose, but very light and does the job that it is supposed to do (what more could you ask?). The Tato Gear tarp connectors are really easy to use, less mucking about than with knots.

I also got an adjustable ridge-line with a couple of titanium biners, wow those things are small and light, could be used for a few different purposes.

I thought I'd get a couple of Stingerz to try out, these could be used on guylines for tents, hammocks or tarps - lighter than the figure 9 connectors I've previously played with and work even better.

Now that I've got some nice titanium bling from Dutch I can see why the guys on the forums are always raving about them, but it is already too late and I find myself craving more of these titanium thingies. What's the bet that on my next camping trip I'll be setting up and thinking "hmmm, some flyz/fleaz/stingerz would make this easier, must order some when I get home". Argh, too many good products causing me pain in my wallet!

Hammock
    Dutchware halfwit
    Tarp
    WB superfly
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, Burrow
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie sling
    Yeah I think Dutch has got a little of evil genius in him. I can place an order with him and before it arrives I'm already planning my next order. All his products that I have used to this point work well and his customer service is top rate.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Asym Xenon
    Suspension
    Whoopies/UHMWPE
    How about this?
    -------------------------------------

Surgeon General's Warning: The Items found on this page have been found to be highly addictive in nature and are not recommended for use by ground campers wishing to remain ground campers. Use of these items have been proven to lead to a sense of euphoria and unexplained feelings of well being. Dramatic weight loss has occurred in all documented studies, excepting those involving underweight individuals who purchased Dutch food items who were found to have concluded studies with dramatic gains in muscle mass specifically around the abdominal area. Other side effects include nausea when exposed to camping equipment of lesser quality, increased frequency of urination into plastic containers containing pop rocks, and extreme mood swings within close proximity to post offices or mail boxes. Individuals living North of the 49th Latitudinal Parallel are especially susceptible to the addictive effects of the items available here, and as a subset are found to suffer frequently as a result of repetitive strain injuries resulting from the frequent carrying of large packages and repeated clicking of computer mice. If you find yourself suffering from any of these symptoms seek help immediately. Do not mix these items with alcohol unless you have invited the Surgeon General over first and have some of those tasty bacon wrapped water chestnut things available. They're really tasty. And do not serve these with anything containing cilantro, tofu, avocado, or specialty cheeses. No conditions apply here because those just taste nasty.
    Last edited by Hangandy; 12-24-2015 at 11:07.
    Please enter your signature here.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7 / Vertex
    Tarp
    Superfly/Vertex
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Maybe he should do what the crack dealers do and give out a small sample for cheap to get you hooked!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hangandy View Post
    How about this?
    -------------------------------------

Surgeon General's Warning: ....
    Now that's very, very good! You must be properly caffeinated this morning.

But north of the 49th, I thought it was a Sturgeon General...or would that be Admiral...

img_0004.jpg
    Last edited by TominMN; 12-24-2015 at 13:35.

Quote Originally Posted by massie17 View Post
    ... to get you hooked!!!
    so to speak...

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Asym Xenon
    Suspension
    Whoopies/UHMWPE
    Quote Originally Posted by TominMN View Post
    so to speak...
    Brilliant!

I can just hear Madonna singing,

"Like a sturgeon, hey/
    Hooked for the very first time/
    Like a stu-u-u-ur-geon..."

Is it just me, or has Madonna aged a lot less gracefully than Dutch?
    Please enter your signature here.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    13' Winter Haven
    Insulation
    quilts
    Suspension
    Tensa4
    I use a virtual address with a freight forwarding company (shipito) and get several packages delivered to an address in the US and then consolidated and sent to NZ, this saves me heaps in shipping. My recent arrival was 4 packages consolidated - 1 from Warbonnet, 2 from Amazon and 1 from Dutch. But the order from 2QZQ (UQ protector and ridgeline organiser) will be a couple of weeks away. When the 2QZQ order arrives at my US virtual address it will be expensive (relatively speaking) to forward it on its own, so I'll be looking to order more stuff to consolidate with it to bring the average cost down for shipping. I'd put the odds of another package being ordered from Dutch at ~100%, just need to work out what I need.

These Stingerz with attached Zing-It look good and I think I've figured where I'll put them to use, but I will need 2 sometimes and might need 4 occasionally, I only got 2 so I guess I'll be ordering 2 more of these. I'll go on a camping trip to try out my gear, I'm pretty sure I'll end up thinking of a bunch more uses for Dutch hardware, I'll get a decent sized order worked out in no time.

What are the odds that my 2nd order will be my last?
    I'm guessing that the more I use that gear the more other uses I'll think of and before I know it I'll be putting in a 3rd order.
    I don't need to go to DA (Dutchware Anonymous) though, I can quit anytime I want, honestly! I just don't want to quit yet, just need a few more things . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Hangandy View Post
    ...Is it just me, or has Madonna aged a lot less gracefully than Dutch?
    A whole lot less. But then Dutch NOW might still get my vote over even a young Madonna...

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    You guys have made my Christmas. Thank you all.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast