Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Shug's winter camping videos have me interested in trying winter camping. I spent a night out this weekend (on the ground as I don't have an underquilt yet) with a low of 22. Not exactly a typical WI winter, but enough to figure out a couple things for my next try.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter Pro
    Tarp
    DD Hammocks 3mX3m
    Insulation
    DD Hammocks UQ
    I love his enthusiasm. He provides great information and is entertaining to watch.

Shugs videos make me want to experience winter hiking up north......and they make me really want to go mountain unicycling.

Hammock
    Clark Mark 2
    Shug and Fronkey videos keep me motivated to get outside. Way to easy to get lazy and hang around the house all day.
    Last edited by NWNomad; 12-22-2015 at 18:11.

Hammock
    WBBB/DutchHex1.6
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG 40/20/0
    Suspension
    WhoopDutchHookTogg
    Quote Originally Posted by NWNomad View Post
    I don't mean to sound cheesy, but I'm new here and I'm so far anonymous so screw it.

I suffer from some really bad depression, and it steals all my motivation for everything. Shug and Fronkey videos motivates me to leave my house and go hang. Hammock camping is giving me another way to deal with my depression and loneliness. My coping mechanism before (and sometimes still is) is to sit at home smoking weed all day. Thank you Shug and Fronkey for the inspiration to do something healthy.
    Hang in there dude! It gets better. Keep forcing yourself outside! Eat some quality food and drink up to a gallon of quality water a day. Hanging from trees is magic, I know that sounds a little weird but It works.
    Welcome to the forums.
    “Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”
    ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Airman's Odyssey

Hammock
    WB Blackbird XLC
    Suspension
    One of each?
    Am I the only one who felt like they lost a friend when Green Bean got ripped?

I bought my first hammock shortly before I discovered Shug's videos. I wasn't very happy with it and probably would have given up on hammocking if I hadn't found his how-to videos which in turn led me to the forums. The things i learned between the two made me ask myself what I really wanted or was looking for in a hammock. Much happier with my second purchase (and third and fourth and...).
    I've never been great at remembering how to tie a knot when I'm out in the piney woods and don't have the internet or a book to fall back on. Shug showed me that some can be done ahead of time and left tied, others replaced with hardware (yay titanium!) and some are easier than I thought.
    Also discovered the joy of watching water boil.

Hammock
    HED / ENO DN
    Tarp
    H/Hex
    Insulation
    HSS / Ember
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Shug's video's have been a well of information for me. He has helped me understand the art and fun of hamocking. When I first got into hammock camping I had no idea what I was doing.Thankfully I came across hammock forms and Shug's video's. Everyone on the site stepped up to help me out and give me sound advice. Shug taught this old dog lots of new tricks and taught me that learning new things can be fun. I have come along way sicnce I started out thanks to all of you. But I have to tip my hat and give extra special thanks to Shug. He has taught me well with his fun and easy going style. He has brightened many days for me. Just the thought of Shug brings a smile to my face and a kind thought in my mind. He's a good man with a heart of gold. Thank you Shug ! And thank you hammock forms for showcasing such a wonderful human being!
    Last edited by TimberRider; 12-22-2015 at 15:18.
    "Hang In There"
    Leave It Better Then You Found It!!!

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Thanks to Shug, I'm now a dry baking ninja. I also frequent World Market in search of Coffee Crisps, and my eyes light up when I stumble across an IMUSA pot at Walmart.
    "We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love.... and then we return home."
    Australian Aboriginal Proverb

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Ya'll are making me feel cool and frosty........
    ShugMan

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Dutchware 11ft wide
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Hammeck Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch Straps
    Shug's video's are so great. I can watch them all the time. I just like his attitude on it really doesn't matter what hammock you have, what tarp or what cord you have just get out there. Thanks to his videos I just hung out at 12 degrees in comfort and I'm looking forward to the zero mark. Shug has made winter camping a fun adventure. Of course I would be remiss not to mention Dutch. I have a ll footer on the way. Hammock Gear for there quality products. Also all the inputs received from this forum. It' nice to be able to go to a site that is a supporting cast of people.
    Take care,
    Al

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast